Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sonic watch 2008: It's here, and it's delicious.

After a 45-minute drive* to the newly-opened Sonic last Tuesday night, I was:

1) Shooed away from the Sonic entrance by a police officer.
2) Sent around the block by a number of signs directing me toward the "Sonic Staging Area."
3) Corralled into a parking lot with at least 20 other cars.
4) Given a Sonic sign for my windshield.
5) Asked to line up, single file, behind a bunch of other cars.
6) Told to wait (for 25 minutes with no escape route).
7) Given the go-ahead to approach the Sonic entrance for the second time.
8) Shooed into Sonic by the same police officer.
9) Waved into the drive-thru by a woman who took the Sonic sign off my windshield.
10) Finally able to order a cheeseburger, tater tots and a diet cherry limeaid.
11) Absolutely delighted.

*Sonic is 45 minutes from work. But only 10 minutes from home, thank goodness.

Here's the pic I took with my cell phone and sent to Nate on my way home:



I know. I'm a complete dork.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I am soooooo very jealous. But my father-in-law promised to treat me to sonic while we are at the Argo family reunion in Iowa! I can't wait!!

The Moser Fam... said...

I was just laughing and laughing at that picture of you. Sheer joy on your face....I'm so glad that Sonic makes you so happy. I hope in September when you see me you will have the same reaction. HA HA! Love you!

Samantha said...

I just heard they are putting a Sonic right here in Aurora, IL!!!! I told Jeremy that I was inspired by your commitment, and vowed to do the same wait if need be!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design