Friday, November 13, 2009

Poke.

It seems I have a secret readership.

From: M. McLaughlin
Subject: Poke
Date: November 12, 2009 9:42:37 PM CST
To: Abby Breyer

Just as one gets poked on Facebook (or Bookface, as they said on The Office), I am poking you on behalf of everyone who is now hooked on your blog. I know you have absolutely no other responsibilities, so it seems reasonable to expect new entertainment to be on your blog at least every other day, if not daily. What's wrong – are you sick or something?

Love, Mom


My question is this: Who are are these blog addicts, and why aren't they leaving me comments? As far as I can tell, I have about six people reading this thing. Supply and demand, my friends. If you want more, I need to hear from you. You don't have to think of anything witty to say, you can just say hi, or tell me how cute my baby is (very, don't you think?), or point out my inconsistent use of serial commas (I have to use them for work but don't like them myself and it's all very confusing). An occasional note would be delightful. Even one comment just to say "I'm here!" would suffice. Anything to let me know you're out there, and you're reading.

And then maybe, maybe, I will feel inspired to post with more frequency. Which shouldn't be difficult because — as you know — I have no other responsibilities.

Thanks, Mom.

13 comments:

Trish said...

Isn't it funny how you feel pressured to come up with something to write?! HA! I posted mymessy storage room... clearly my life is not that interesting :) People WANT to hear from you, Abby... they NEED to hear from you!

Nikki said...

I am here! Love your updates. And I love that your mom included the Bookface reference. :)

The Moser Fam... said...

I am a faithful stalker...but you already knew that. Love you! :)

Emily Beal said...

I LOVE your blog! Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

I'm here! Oh and totally agree about serial commas. I used to have to use them at work and hated them!!

Unknown said...

Princess Abby,
I admit it. I am one of your biggest blog stalkers. Due to a complete lack of computer literacy, I had not yet left any comment. But, I worked very hard and can now tell you how much I enjoy your writing and watching your beautiful baby Calvin grow. It is like a trip down memory lane seeing his pictures. I do notice one very special person missing from the photos. Where is ugly Molly??? Love you, Sheila

by Beth said...

i blog stalk you Abby -- :)

~Beth J.

Katie said...

I blog stalk you and facebook stalk you and twitter stalk you. But I think you already knew that. ;)

Muff McLaughlin said...

See, Abby? Your life does indeed include keeping us entertained! Now please write something nice and please include pictures of Calvin, and of you and Nate, too. And PLEASE, Abby,FEEL FREE to include my messages to you in your blog, particularly when they prove your point...or mine. (-: Love you all the time. Mom

mbreyer said...

Just here checking in, and to tell you I love you, Nate, and Cal!

Unknown said...

I am a faithful reader of your blog and love it! Oh and Calvin is the cutest baby - good job on making him.

Vuong Family said...

Pretty sure you could add a stats counter to your site to take the guesswork out of it. I'm sure with your tech savviness, you could figure that one out. But yes, comments are always nice. Keep up the lovely blog, clearly people love it ;-)

Amanda Tjaden said...

I have to admit I stalk your adorable child. Guilty. Please keep up with the cute pictures and stories :)

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design