Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Eight hours.

Eight hours, I've decided, is all I need to be a better mom and wife each week. At first glance, it doesn't seem like much. But, really, it's an extra work day.

In eight hours, I can clean my house from top to bottom. Almost.

In eight hours, I can run errands, do laundry, and make dinner. And probably dessert, too.

In eight hours, I can build a fort. Play with play-doh. Cut sandwiches into silly shapes. Read a story or five.

In eight hours, I can snuggle. Rock. Sing. Nurse. Tickle. Kiss.

In eight hours, I can take a shower, shave, dry my hair, and (hopefully) find something other than pajama pants to wear before my husband comes home from work.

And come 2012, I will have those extra eight hours a week to devote to my family. Because this working mama is cutting back.

I need to. For me. For them.

Eight hours isn't much, but it's enough. An extra work day — devoted to the very best work of all.

5 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

Yay for another day off! And why get out of those pajamas?? I say another 8 hours to stay in cozy clothes:)

the deKorne family said...

Awesome picture of Calvin, and also you could get almost halfway here in 8 hours, so...there's that :) love you-so happy for you!

Katie said...

That's awesome. Yea for you! Love the picture of the little man.

The Moser Fam... said...

Yippee for you! I'm so happy you get to cut back. I love that picture of Cal. I can't wait to get my Christmas card and see the cute family picture too. Love you!

Jaime Olson said...

This is so exciting! Thrilled for you!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design