Monday, November 26, 2012

Super Why has it taken me so long to post this?

Halloween. So long ago, yet still cluttering up my kitchen with its piles of candy. You wouldn't believe the self control I've had this year. Every night I walk right by that bucket of candy...and straight to the freezer for ice cream.

Before the parade of candy, there were pumpkins to be carved.

I was so proud of Cal's Super Why costume. Even though Grandma Mary did all the heavy lifting (she made the cape, which is clearly the best part), I somehow managed to turn duct tape and scraps of fabric I found around the house into a somewhat recognizable character costume. The book is my favorite part — I cut the shapes out of felt, used some leftover gold ribbon to give it a 3D orbit, fabric glued it together, then sewed it on his tshirt. Cal's favorite part was the Why Writer, which I made out of a kisses-filled Christmas candy cane. (And I thought I wouldn't be able to find one of those in October. Ha.)
 
They had a parade at school, which I left work early to attend. Cutest ever. All these parents standing in the middle of the school cafeteria/gym while our bewildered children circled us. After the parade, the kids got to have Oreos. Because there's no better way to ramp up for an evening of gorging yourself on candy than by eating Oreos.
Post Oreo with his friend Ada. She's Donkey from Shrek. Love her.
Super Why being Super Cute.
And also Super Intrigued by Nate's puking pumpkin.
Joined by his Super Sidekick, Black Kitty.
Our kitty was not impressed by her hat. At all. Which makes me glad the only effort I put into her costume was buying a hat and putting it on her head (repeatedly).
Love how it kept working its way up her head. She looks like a cat gnome. 
Nothing cooler than sweatpants and a duct tape belt. But he didn't seem to mind one bit. Pretty sure Super Why was Super High On Sugar at this point in the evening. 

October: Check! Now on to November...

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh...I am SO stealing the Why Writer idea for Simon. He's getting a Super Why cape and mask for Christmas.

And can you tell I'm behind on my blog reading? lol

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design