Friday, June 21, 2013

Priorities.

Life has an annoying way of derailing my plans.

Plans for redecorating.

Reading.

Writing.

Painting.

Crafting.

Working out.

Baking and eating to negate the working out.

I had a lot planned for myself this year. But it turns out there are simply not enough hours in the day for my plans. I'm too busy kissing skinned knees and reading bedtime stories and defusing tantrums and teaching little boys how to ride their bikes and blowing bubbles and catching bugs and singing songs and giving baths and dressing up like superheros and eating cheese balls at the beach.

And, at the end of the day, spending a few minutes picking up toys because arggghhhhh.

I want balance. I strive for balance and will continue to do so. But there are seasons of life when it just can't be had. Right now my babies need me more than I need to update my blog or paint my bedroom. And that's okay. Hard to accept some days, but I'm working on it.

My plans can wait. My time with these precious littles can't.

















  









4 comments:

Unknown said...

These pictures make my heart melt.
I needed this reminder this morning. They grow up too fast.

Vuong Family said...

Wait a sec. Who is that shaved-head man with you on the beach? Is there something I don't know?

Carrie said...

the picture of them kissing ... warms my heart! :)

Katie said...

Yep. All very true. And that's also why I feel like I'm going crazy after 11 years of kissing boo-boo's, etc. When will I ever have balance and clean house?!?!?!?! :)

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design