Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Full day.

I'm about two and half months behind on posting pictures. I finally sat down and went through my camera and iPhone shots, and came up with a list of eight posts. EIGHT. Although it could have been worse — at first I thought this was three separate posts where my kids were wearing the same outfits.

That was before I remembered I am a shopaholic and Audra rarely wears the same outfits twice, much less three times in a two month span.

Whew.

So, here's a bunch of pictures from one day in early September where we apparently went to the farmers' market for frozen yogurt pops, checked out the newly remodeled Union Depot, did some cooking, and cried over the injustices of life.

Audra hates sweets but loves accessories, so she pretty much just stood there and waited until it melted all over her face and arms like makeup.


Calvin's was pina colada or coconut or some sort of tropical goodness. I wanted to steal it. Bad.



Lovies in a line.


Audra's first time "cooking" (i.e. stirring of misc dry ingredients like marshmallows and barley). Still my favorite boredom buster for this age. She's wearing my apron, which is tied around her waist approximately 8,700 times.







Calvin got some bug gear for his birthday this year, and he really wanted to capture a butterfly. Well, he did...and he was SO excited. 





Until we told him he should let it go. He was heartbroken. We explained that the butterfly was scared and needed to fly so it could find food and return to its family. Poor buddy was beside himself at the thought of letting his precious butterfly go and kept telling us he didn't want to. But after a few minutes of thinking about it, he came over and said with great sadness "okay, I will let him go." And he did.




Look at those tears! We hugged and talked about how hard it is to do the right thing sometimes. Proud mama for sure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We get those big crocodile tears when we have to let go our bugs too.

Samantha said...

I love his sweet face. We have this conversation several times a week. Sometimes it ends well for the bugs, other times they die an untimely death left in the hot florida sun for multiple days. I can only do so much. What a good boy to let the butterfly go!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design