Monday, April 28, 2008

A slight problem.

Why can't I go to the mall and walk past Banana Republic without buying something?

I went to the mall today with a clear mission: buy a gift for someone else. Not for me. I DON'T NEED ANYTHING. I repeated this a few times in my head prior to entering the mall.

Unfortunately, I am a bad listener.

I got the gift. While she was ringing me up, the sales girl asked "are you going to stop anywhere else while you're here?" and I said "Nope! I have to get back to work." I didn't really, but you know - that's what you say when you're trying to convince yourself not to shop. But of course Banana was on my way out, and there is no harm in looking. Right?

I walked out 10 minutes later with three shirts.

It's just one of those stores that always works for me. For example - they have an awesome pair of jeans right now. And they are super long. It's not easy to find jeans that fit my extensive criteria:

1) Fitted at the top, comfortable through the thigh and knee, and flared at the bottom.
2) Dark, but not too dark.
3) Stretchy, but not so stretchy that the butt sags after wearing them for an hour.
4) Long enough to wear with heels, but not so long I can't wear them with flats.*
5) Well positioned back pockets. Can't be too high or too far apart. Or too close together, for that matter.
6) Dressy enough for work.

*Number four on this list is actually impossible, which is why I bought two pairs — I had one pair hemmed for heels, and one for flats. I am contemplating a third and fourth, just as back up. What if I am wearing heels and my longer pair is dirty? What if I'm wearing flats and I spill something all over my lap on my way out the door? None of my other jeans measure up.

Anyway, these are awesome jeans. My coworkers are probably sick of seeing me wear them. Or they are wondering if I have any other pants. I do, but whatever. If you had these jeans you'd wear them everyday, too.




Banana Republic Classic Indigo Wash Flap Pocket Wide Leg Jean

3 comments:

April Gann said...

You are hilarious and should market for Banana because I'm pretty much convinced to pick myself up a pair this week. LOVE you!

The Moser Fam... said...

yeah...a new post! you are funny and those jeans are cute....too bad i'm short and don't wear heels...otherwise i would totally buy them! :) love you!

the deKorne family said...

too bad i'm poor and don't buy clothes, otherwise i would totally buy them, too :) you are such a good writer. way to go brightening our day.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design