Monday, May 26, 2008

Sonic watch 2008: It's coming!

As many people in my life will tell you, I have a deep and abiding love for Sonic. I blame this entirely on my friend Heidi - she took me there no less than four times in a three day period while visiting her in Houston two years ago. I've been a little obsessed ever since.

About a year a half ago, the mean folks over at Sonic started airing commercials in Minnesota. There is no Sonic in Minnesota. The nearest one is about 200 miles away in Iowa. Tempting, but - no.

So, it's been tough. Those commericals air ALL THE TIME. They are funny, and the drinks look good. It makes me sad and mad and very thirsty.

However...

About three months ago, Nate sent me a link to a Star Tribune article saying Sonic would be opening three locations in Minnesota! And one of them would be in St. Paul! Needless to say, I was way more excited than any normal person should be about a new fast food restaurant. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for more information, but all I could find was a story saying one of them would open on or around May 15. And since May 15 has come and gone, I was starting to wonder if it was all a cruel joke - kind of like those commercials.

But yesterday I saw it. It's in St. Paul, about five miles from my house. It's not open yet, but it's there and they are hiring.

Yay!

4 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

I miss Sonic...we don't have one all that close to us either....but there is on within walking distance from my parent's house in Farmington. YUMMY! :) oh...and I love how you have a post dedicated just to this... :)

Samantha said...

You crack me up. Jeremy and I curse at the tv every time a Sonic commercial comes on for the very same reason. We could drive to Champaign, the closest one for a Cream Pie milkshake, but that would be a bit much.

April Gann said...

Oh, I am so so jealous! I was just thinking this morning about how I needed a sonic fresh fruit slush. Maybe I will visit you for the grand opening.

Nikki said...

I have never been to a Sonic. Why is it so awesome? We'll have to visit together sometime.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design