Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ready for baby? Check.

Abby's baby checklist update:

A million onesies in varying sizes? Check.
Diapers (one very small pack of NB, one very large pack of size 1) and wipes? Check.
Breast pump? Check.
Stroller and car seat? Check.
Nursing bras? Check.
Pjs for the hospital? Check.
One very jealous puppy? Check.
A completed nursery? Almost check.

After a highly productive weekend (and the last of my four baby showers!), I am about 95% ready for this baby to come. Nate and I spent the weekend unpacking boxes and boxes of gifts, doing laundry, folding and organizing teensy tiny clothes and socks, and shopping for those last few items on our list. We also got the nursery pulled together. Except for hanging a book shelf, moving a picture over the dresser, and finding a lamp shade (why are children's lamp shades so difficult to locate? I'm running out of places to look!), we're done.

Here are the fruits of our labor. Keep in mind, this room is about 9x11 — so small that I had a hard time taking pictures. And these photos aren't great; I can't find my camera cord, so I had to take them on my iPhone. But it really is very cute. We tried to keep it simple since the room is so tiny, but when you're in it, it feels very cheerful and cozy. Mattie would agree...she sits outside the door to his room every night before bed, begging to take one last look. She's especially interested in that bucket of toys...













5 comments:

JennyMonroe said...

BEAUTIFUL! Yes, I finally learned what button to press to comment. :) Thank you very much. The room looks so beauitful, cozy, welcoming-perhaps (hopefully) it will encourage lots of sleep. You did a fantastic job, Abs. Of course I especially love "Such Small Things". Good luck finding that lampshade, I feel your pain.

The Moser Fam... said...

Love the room! It is very cute and so bright and happy looking! Way to go! Love you...

Brian and Trish Hutcherson said...

Love it, very cute!

Samantha said...

Adorable! I love it.

Anonymous said...

the room looks adorable! we have a VERY tiny nursery as well and it is just perfect! so excited for you!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design