Monday, May 4, 2009

WordGirl.

Has anyone with kids heard of this show on PBS?

I just ran across it (and of course I was curious, it's called WordGirl! Could anything be more perfect for me?) and here's the episode description offered by my cable provider:

"Lady Redundant Woman Copies WordGirl by Duplicating Her; Answer All My Questions and Win Stuff: Lady Redundant Woman creates a nefarious copy of WordGirl in an attempt to ruin her do-gooder reputation; WordGirl is on the case when a new game show turns out to be a plot to steal money from the contestants."

I had no idea what I'd find when I flipped to this show based on the episode description, but I certainly didn't expect to find a cartoon. For children.

According to Wikipedia, this is a cartoon for kids ages six and up that teaches the "expansive English language." Are you kidding me? It took me about 10 minutes to understand that episode description (two episode names separated by a semicolon, aha!), but six-year-old kids are supposed to get it?

I might be too dumb to be a parent.

(But I'm not too dumb to know my kid is totally watching this show.)

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Ok, I love this show. Truly hilarious. Of course I would though. . .I hope Maggie likes it later on.

Brian and Trish Hutcherson said...

I still don't understand their description! ha! If this is a requirement for parenthood, I'm definitely sticking with being an Aunt!

The Moser Fam... said...

Ben is not even four yet and he LOVES this show, Abs! He especially loves Captain Huggy Face (the monkey sidekick) and Bo Handsome! :) I'm sure your little man will love this show in no time too! :)

cltgrace said...

Hi, I'm here by way of Emily's Wedding Blog. We love WordGirl round my house. My 4 year old, Grace, delights in using the words she learns on that show. It's a good thing!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design