Monday, June 18, 2012

A week's worth.

The Lake. It's a thing in Minnesota. A big thing.

A thing I knew nothing about, coming from Illinois. No one I knew went to The Lake. Or even A Lake. Everyone went to The Pool. Or, more commonly, The Backyard.

But here, everyone goes to The Lake. Every weekend, all summer long.

Nate didn't go every weekend growing up. But he did go for a week every summer. It always sounded nice to me, but I didn't really get all the hoopla.

I get it now.

We spent two days on The Lake with his family this weekend and I could have easily spent another five. Judging by the number of photos I took, it kind of seems like I did.






Too much?


Calvin wanting to be just like Uncle Mike with his foot up on the deck.


My husband sure is handsome. 







 

Love this picture of Nate's cousin Kara with Audra.



Calvin checking out the scenery with Aunt Donna.



Sitting up on her own, big girl!


How did I end up with this dark-eyed baby?





Nate's cousin Jessie, who isn't really into the kid scene, had Audra laughing and smiling harder than anyone.



Nate's foray back into s'mores — after an unfortunate over-eating incident in his childhood — was a success. Calvin's introduction to them was as well. 



Sleepy girl missed her first campfire.


 Four generations of Breyer men. And Bear.


Love. My kids have the best daddy.


Sharing my sweatshirt with the Bub.




Audie's face in the first photo kills me. Or maybe it's the face/bow combo.



As we packed up to leave yesterday, Calvin said "This is my favorite place I've ever been."

I think Minnesota might be on to something.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had fun! Calvin and Audra are adorable!

Trish said...

That looks fan-freaking-tastic. And, it's cool enough to wear a sweatshirt?! That's awesome!

Samantha said...

There are so many things I love about this post. I love that you call her Audie. Love your sweet babies. We are going to Michigan for 5 days in August to hang out at a cottage on the lake and your pictures make me even more sure that it will be fun!!!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design