Monday, September 17, 2012

Fair people.

There is no people watching better than state fair people watching. Crazy hair, unflattering clothes, dirty kids. Upper thigh tattoos of tiger cubs nestled in a patch of grass.

You know, the usual.

I always assumed those people looked like that year-round. Until I looked at my own family on our way out the door to the fair.

Calvin was wearing a mismatched outfit, too-small shoes, and too-short shorts, because he likes to dress himself now. Nate was wearing a blue golf polo with his yellow and black gym shoes because comfort is important when you're walking that much. Audra was wearing a sunhat about eight sizes too small because I left her other one at school. And I was wearing a skirt. With tennis shoes. Because...well, I have no flipping idea.

Obviously this is the fair's fault. The fair made me think it was acceptable to dress up like a tennis player and allow my children to go out in public looking homeless. The fair made me eat kettle corn and mini donuts and cheese fries and a turkey sandwich and a sno cone. The fair, darnit, turned ME into someone for other people to watch.

So, new theory. The fair turns normal people into fair people. All those folks with crazy hair and upper thigh tattoos? Yeah, I'll bet they probably spend the other 364 days of the year well-coiffed and dressed in J.Crew. 


Mom. Seriously. The hat. Get it off.
Kettle C(K?)orn!
Kettle C(K?)orn in the back of a tractor!
Mini donuts!
Giant slide!
We have NEVER seen him more excited. He was jumping up and down yelling "YES! YESSS!" when I took this picture.
Post-slide high!
Crazy hair resulting from too-small hat!
Sno Cones!
Diggers and kid!
Diggers and kids!
Fair people! (A keeper for sure)

4 comments:

Emily said...

LOVE the family pic at the end! The fair is fun. Who cares how you look?!

Trina Jo said...

I burst out laughing at Cal's post-slide pics. SO funny.

mbreyer said...

Those slide pictures are the best ever. So glad you could capture Cal's excitement. Those are pictures that will make me smile and laugh when I am having a crabby day!

Trish said...

So cute (and so true about the fair)!! You can find Brian and I toting a massive turkey leg and 24-inch corndog. Nice & classy.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design