Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Baby, it's cold outside.

Cold doesn't begin to cover it, actually. Yesterday I said something on Facebook about -8 not being that bad because, really, cold is cold. But then it was -15 and I changed my mind.

There's cold, and then there's cold. We're currently experiencing the latter. Which is why we really haven't left to house to go anywhere but work, school, and Target for the last several weeks.  And I actually haven't gone to work that much, either, because I've been sick with the cold that will.not.end. accompanied by the most annoying.cough.ever. 

But, hey – at least we're not puking like all of my Facebook friends.

Lord, please protect my family from all the puking. Especially since I'm about to leave them for four days and I don't think Nate will ever let me go anywhere ever again if he has to spend the weekend caring for two puking children on his own. Which would be totally fair of him because I can't think of anything worse. Please and thank you, amen.

So, what do you do when your family is cooped up for weeks due to cold and cold and colds?

Pull out the rocking chair.





And the step stool.




 




Once those get boring, plop them in front of the fridge.
 

When that fails, build a monstrous blanket fort.



Or feed them.

 



 


Trains work (for a few minutes), too.


 So do pigtails.


 

Try the tunnel again.



Bake cookies and make casseroles.



Snuggle.




Then give thanks for a working furnace and pray for spring.

1 comment:

the deKorne family said...

OH the cuteness!! Is Audra's hair getting reddish? They are both so precious! And look what a good mom doing all those things to entertain. Mine would be watching tv. :) love you and those cuties!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design