Friday, April 5, 2013

Waiting.

Yesterday I dropped a big packet of paperwork in the mail.

We had to answer question after question about our child. His health. His verbal skills. His sensory system. His social, self help, gross motor, fine motor, and general development.

His temperament.

444 questions, in total. None of them ours.

So now we wait. Not for answers to our questions, but for a phone call to make an appointment for an evaluation to get us started on a path that we hope will eventually yield answers to our questions and help for our child.

He's healthy, we know that. He's incredibly smart, we know that. He's not showing classic signs of common childhood disorders. We know that.

We also know that he is beautiful and bright and loving and strong and remarkable.

But he's having a really hard time, this precious boy of ours. And so are we.

Your prayers would be appreciated as we wait for answers.


My hope is in you, Lord
All the day long
I won't be shaken by drought or storm
A peace that passes understanding is my song
And I sing
My hope is in you, Lord

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I'll be praying for sure friend!

Katie said...

I will, of course pray for y'all. No doubt you're the perfect mom for Calvin. Hugs.

Matt and Abby said...

That is hard! Praying for your family!

Jen Knox said...

This is beautiful, Abby. So many hugs to you.

Jaime Olson said...

I'm especially struck by your courage in this post. Obvious love for your amazing boy, faithful hope for God's wisdom in raising him (and his sweet sister), incredible vulnerability to share openly. You *honor* your children when you speak of them, Abs, and that is such a rarity. I'm proud of you.

Anonymous said...

I, too, appreciate and admire your courage in sharing! I'll be praying for that sweet boy and the mama and dada who deeply love him.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design