Monday, June 15, 2009

I haven't slept in a month.

Calvin is one month old today! We celebrated with a day-long sleepless crying fest. Oh, it's been fun!

After a trip to the grocery store (and to Sonic, where I drowned my sorrows in limeaid and tater tots - a surefire pick-me-up), he is now sleeping soundly in his car seat. Which is where he will stay, because every attempt I've made to put him down today has resulted in a total meltdown. The only thing that made him stop crying was holding him while I bounced back and forth. Sadly, I'm not in good enough shape to do that for eight hours. Or even one hour. I pretty much max out at 10 minutes.

It's been a long day.

However, despite the many moments of frustration I've felt today (and during the past month), I am nothing but thankful for this beautiful baby boy of mine. It is an absolute joy to be his mom, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Except maybe a good night's sleep.

(Kidding! Kind of.)

4 comments:

Vuong Family said...

He he. Totally know what you're going through. I wasn't kidding when I said we wondered where to return him! But yes, it is all worth it. I can't wait to see him again (and you of course!).

The Moser Fam... said...

You look great, Abs. You don't even look tired. :) He is SO cute and you really have survived the hardest part...well, I guess maybe until the high school years. Love you!

Carrie Ann said...

Such a cute picture! When can I meet this little bundle? I promise to take over the holding/bouncing duties for at least 20 minutes.

Samantha said...

He is super duper cute. I would be more than willing to come visit and help with night rounds. :)

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design