Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Give me (seventy) five.

I realize these are the kind of posts no one cares about except me, but in addition to being an outlet for all my rants and raves and a spot to post pictures of my incredibly cute kid, this blog is also handy for record-keeping. So, get excited for some stats!

We took Calvin to the doctor for his four month well baby visit yesterday. We've got a heavyweight champ on our hands: 15lbs 10oz. How is this possible? The kid has gained six pounds in four months. I guess it's not that bad though, the doctor said he's still in the 50-75th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for head circumference. Right on track.

What isn't on track is his length. According to yesterday's measurements, Calvin has only grown half an inch. (?) The doctor said his measurements must be off, because it makes no sense for him to have gone from the 95th percentile to somewhere between the 25th and 50th. I mean, Nate and I are 6'2 and 5'10. I don't think he's destined to be a shorty. And he's outgrown the length of his clothes faster than the width. So, I'm going to invoke my medical privileges, average the two out, and declare him in the 75th percentile all around.

The doctor also said that, based on the things he's doing right now (rolling over from back to tummy, responding to his name, etc.), Calvin is functioning at a six-month-old level.

What a good little grower.

3 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

This is a lovely post and I enjoy Cal stats as much as you do...but what I do not enjoy, is a post WITHOUT a picture of the cute little man. Please don't let it happen again (at least not on a post that is specifically ABOUT him!). Way to grow, Calvin! Love you!

Katie said...

6'2 and 5'10??? Things you'd never know by being just a lowly internet friend. Yes, I think they're measuring wrong.

Samantha said...

I think they measure wrong all the time. At the hospital when he was born, Miles was measured to be 18 inches long. When I took him in for his 2 day check, since our doc didn't have hospital privileges at Rush he was 20 inches long. . .impossible to grow an inch and a half in 2 days right? If they don't get them stretched out right its just not accurate.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design