Thursday, September 24, 2009

Like a brother.

We are so blessed with our daycare provider, Elisha. Not only is she wonderful to Calvin (I have never seen him anywhere but in her arms), she is on my way to work, has six well-behaved kids of her own (and therefore PLENTY of experience), has hand-picked a small group of children to care for, and is affordable.

As I've told a few people, I knew she was the right person to care for my baby when she called to ask if Nate and I would feel comfortable with her taking Calvin to the library and bible study.

Sold.

Yesterday when I picked Calvin up, she told me that she had this conversation with one of her little boys (she has a 2-year-old and 3-year-old at home during the day, and they are both adorable):

Little one: Mom, I love baby Calvin.
Elisha: I am so glad you love him and get to play with him every day!
Little one: I wish he could stay longer.
Elisha: Well, he's here for a long time every day, and will keep coming to play with you.
Little one: But I want him to live here, like a brother.
Elisha: That is so nice of you! You will have to ask his mommy if that's okay, though.
Little one: Can you ask her?

We could not be more thankful for this family.

2 comments:

Susie said...

well, that must make it a tad bit easier on your heart - this going back to work thing :) by the way, your house is just adorable!

the deKorne family said...

That is so fabulous. Makes my heart so happy for you-and maybe makes a miserable event that much more bearable. Also, way to go good grower! And being ahead of the 8 ball on development! He is the cutest. Love you.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design