Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Give peas a chance.

I think peas are disgusting. They are the only vegetable I cannot, will not, eat. I was forced to eat them as kid, as was every kid, and I've tried them numerous ways as an adult. I'm an adventurous eater, but it doesn't matter how they are prepared. Hate them. HATE THEM. Gag.

Nate, of course, loves them. So we were curious to see how Calvin would like them. I was certain he'd think they were disgusting. Mushed up baby food peas? Couldn't be anything worse (except maybe those Gerber stage 2 meats).

He scarfed that container down. And every subsequent one, too. Nate gloated, visions of father/son bonding over heaping plates of hot peas dancing in his head.

I was a little put out, as I was hoping for an ally in my fight against the nasty green buggers. Just as Nate swore he'd never make his kids eat beets, I swore I'd never make them eat peas. I wasn't counting on them wanting to eat peas.

So, imagine my delight when I gave Calvin regular old steamed peas on Saturday night, and got this reaction:



And moments later, he tried this old trick:














Which, when it comes to peas, I will totally let him get away with.

5 comments:

Trish said...

That's hilarious! At least he has a fun way of disposing them!

The Moser Fam... said...

sometimes I miss Lucy hanging out by the highchair...it was alot easier to get the floor cleaned up with her around! I am a bad mother because I have NEVER even given nattie peas...I will have to try now!

Susie said...

that's funny. he's so smart. pees are gross. your husband is a little weird in that regard. no offense. :)

Samantha said...

I love peas. I give frozen ones to the kids when they are teething and they love them. Try some frozen peas and see how that goes.

Unknown said...

I hate peas too - but beets on the other hand are delicious!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design