Monday, February 1, 2010

The next best thing.

Nate and I have spent the last week of January in Mexico for the past five years. But now we have a baby and no money, so this year we spent it in Minnesota.

I don't like Minnesota the last week of January. It makes me crabby.

Since we couldn't go there, we decided to bring a little Mazatlan here. Saturday night we had a fiesta with our beach buddies Jon and Mary — complete with fajitas, salsa, guacamole, nacho platter, Pacifico, margaritas, my Mexican tablecloth and dishes, Mary's beach hat, sand, shells, and some very interesting candles purchased at our neighborhood mercado.

We ate, we drank, we played a few ridiculous hands of the card game 500. It has to be said: my friend Margarita gave me some very poor card playing advice. Nate and Jon ended up winning, although at one point Mary and I were, and the boys were not impressed. I distinctly recall Nate saying to Jon "THIS is what we're losing to?" while gesturing toward Mary, who was giggling under her beach hat and asking "what's trump again?," and me, giggling so hard I snorted after realizing I'd just played an entire hand with two extra cards.

She may not do much for my card game, but that Margarita sure is funny.

5 comments:

Katie said...

awesome. i'm needing a date with your friend Margarita right about now.

Trish said...

I agree with Katie.

The Moser Fam... said...

We had a Mexican feista for Nattie's b-day on Saturday too! I wish I could have borrowed your lovely candles...they made me laugh really hard. :)

The Moser Fam... said...

I meant...fiesta...just had to correct my typo for the queen of spelling. :)

the deKorne family said...

I agree on the candles, I was also concerned that Ali didn't know how to spell fiesta, I can't wait for a margarita, and glad you had a good party!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design