Monday, March 22, 2010

Fish and mushrooms.

I'm pretty sure those are two things a lot of grownups have trouble eating, never mind a kid who refuses to touch anything green.

Yet, Calvin ate both yesterday. Although ate seems like an understatement for the fervor with which he shoveled both into his mouth. Scarfed might be a more appropriate term.

So, whew. Another successful food introduction.

I think the key might be including him in the cooking process. Which, when Nate makes dinner, looks something like this:


















Whereas, when I make dinner, it looks something like this:














Come to think of it, I had no problems getting him to eat Chicken McNuggets. We might be on to something...

6 comments:

Trish said...

Ha! That just made me laugh right out loud. Hilarious!

The Moser Fam... said...

At least Calvin gets the occasional home cooked meal! I'm afraid my kids are close to having the Romeos menu memorized. Ben asks for specific pizzas by name now. I've got to do better with that!! The pic of Nate and Cal is so cute! :)

Sarah said...

bahaha. So funny.

Muff McLaughlin said...

fFish and mushrooms are bound to taste yummy if Nate is cooking. And I thought McDonald's WAS homecooking, right? My daughter would surely know!
I laughed out loud, too!

Muff McLaughlin said...

I don't know where the little f came from. I swear it wasn't there.

Matt and Abby said...

Fish and mushrooms do sound delicious. Nate must be a good cook. Hannah actually refuses McNuggets and burgers. She will only eat the fries, which is the worst part!
Thanks for your prayers.
Oh, and I love the name Calvin. So cute.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design