Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Peanuts and Cracker Jacks.

A text conversation between me, my dad, and occasionally Nate last night:

Abby
: At the Sox game! Or as Nate calls it, the Twins game.
Dad: Let me guess, Nate is forcing you to cheer for the home team.
Abby: Yes, he slapped me and told me I had to. The new stadium is beautiful, though.
Nate: I also pushed her down.
Dad: Is it worth the pain? Tell Nate one week with Cal and he will recite "Go Chicago!"
Abby: Nate's crying.
Dad: Like they say, get them when they're small and you've got them forever!
Abby: What would be worse? I pick: A) Twins over Sox B) Vikings over Bears C) Cubs over Sox
Dad: What is wrong with you? No Cubs, no Vikings...
Abby: I don't know, Nate made me ask.
Nate: My wife is quite the storyteller.
Dad: She is her mother's daughter.

Nate and I went to the Twins game last night with my brother-in-law, Mike, and one of his friends. Mike has season tickets, so we jumped at the chance to go to the White Sox/Twins game (gotta keep up the Chicago/Minnesota rivalry in our household). Of course that was before I knew it was going to be 47 degrees and raining in the middle of May (I don't care about Chicago that much). Let's hear it for outdoor baseball in Minnesota! Actually, it was totally fine. Besides having to sit on wet seats, we stayed dry and pretty warm. Baseball should always be outside, even in frigid Minnesota, and the new stadium is gorgeous.

We had good food (hot dogs and polish sausage, yum!), a lot of laughs (quite a few over my total and complete lack of knowledge regarding baseball and/or sports in general), and a great time hanging out together. I can't wait to go to another game! And that means a lot coming from a girl who knows so little about baseball that she was excited to get a free baseball card with a picture of the team manager on it. (Turns out it was actually just a coupon for a free Subway breakfast melt.)

Plus the Sox beat the Twins, so I got to gloat (just a bit). :)

I sent my dad a text at the end of the game:

Abby
: Nate's crying again.
Dad: Why? Our Blackhawks are winning!

Ha.

6 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

I love that you are wearing your cute earrings (aren't those the ones you got in MI?) with your fleece. Glad you had so much fun and your team won! LOVE YOU!

Abby said...

Of course I am wearing cute earrings! I was also wearing a cute shirt under my fleece.

Also, I feel I should clarify that the weird blurry picture looking up Nate's nose is of him doing the seventh inning stretch...I would not normally post a photo like that, but he was being a goofball and it made me laugh.

Kate said...

I'd say that card's a keeper - Those Subway breakfast sandwiches are delish.

mbreyer said...

Nice post Abby. I couldn't have said it better myself. Good times, and yes there will be many more nights of outdoor baseball games now. Hopefully with a better result though!!

the deKorne family said...

i sawthat stadium on biggest loser last night :) too bad they cant combine target shopping with the ball field!glad you had fun...so cute!

Muff McLaughlin said...

I am confused. MY daughter is a WHITE SOX fan, a BEARS fan, and definitely a BLACKHAWKS fan. Nate has been waterboarding her again.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design