Friday, May 7, 2010

Take a look, it's in a book...

IT'S READING RAINBOW!

I really wish that show was still on tv. Calvin is totally fascinated with books right now, and if he turns out to be anything like his television loving bookworm mama, I think he would enjoy Reading Rainbow. (Side note: a tv show about reading is brilliant. There should be an adult version.)

Hopefully someone will come up with Reading Rainbow II: Return of the Rainbows. Or something otherwise terribly named that isn't half as good as the original but at least gives us children of the 80s who now have children of our own a sense of hope about the literacy of future generations.




6 comments:

Jaime Olson said...

I see some favorites in that book basket! We love Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and anything by Sandra Boynton. And I love you through and through was Z and R's first story, read to them at 2 months old! Yay for kids who love books!

Katie said...

I'm so glad he loves books. And Abby! What a great idea about reading rainbow for grown-ups. You should really pitch that to someone. I'd watch.

The Moser Fam... said...

I used to love Reading Rainbow! :) Nattie loves books too, but the same ones over and over and over again. I'm so sick of Who's Baby Am I? and Brown Bear Brown Bear I could gouge my eyes out with a fork. Ben used to love the I Love You Through and Through book too. :) HUGS!

Trish said...

LeVar Burton rocked. Reading Rainbow was the best - a little flashback for you :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6j8EiWIVZs

the deKorne family said...

Yeah, I think Lavar is untoppable. And the theme song...oh how I love it.

Muff McLaughlin said...

I may be responsible for your TV addiction, though it was Sesame Street and not Damages...
Anyway, I always hoped you would be a book lover and that Calvin would be, too! Funny thing is, I don't even remember you watching Reading Rainbow. Another thing to feel guilty about. Mom

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design