Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Big 0-2: Part 1

We Breyers know how to party.

We just don't know how to post pictures of the party in a timely manner.

Party number one, just us three. And a half. If your dog is willing to wear a party hat, she must be included in the tally.

I made a cake. Lemon, with lemon frosting. From a box, of course. When Calvin saw it after his nap, I thought he'd be excited. Instead he started crying because I said he couldn't eat it until after dinner. Lesson learned. Hide the cake. Or allow your child to eat it first because it's his birthday and you really need to loosen up a bit. You know, either way.


We started with presents. Because who can resist those?



Well, Calvin, apparently. Slightly underwhelmed by his first gift of matchbox cars, he insisted we move onto cake.



Who needs a cone? Or a spoon?


This required bribery.


Back to presents. A set of tools, which he was VERY excited about. He kept exclaiming "My own tools! MY OWN TOOLS!" as if we'd been forcing him to share tools with other children all this time. Which, well - daycare. I guess we have.


Pliers come in handy for opening all remaining presents at a snail's pace.


We thought the tools were a hit...until he opened the matchbox car ramp. He hasn't stopped playing with it in three weeks. (NAILED IT! So proud of myself for doing boy toy shopping all by myself. Hm. That sounds borderline inappropriate.)


'Twas a happy little night celebrating our sweet Bub together, and much improved over Calvin's first birthday, which we spent trying to force cake down his throat and cleaning up barf. Ah, memories.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! I too should have learned to hide dessert.It looks like he had a blast!

Mary said...

Hilarious! Love your posts. Looks like a fun bday. I'll have to share my pics soon. Noah got very excited about cake too so I handed him a tube of icing to preoccupy him. Parenting skills are at an all time high in my house ;)

Brian and Trish Hutcherson said...

So cute... I also love the pic of the "bribed" party-goer! haha :-)

Matt and Abby said...

He looks so old! Way to go on buying boy toys! The entire toy section, boys and girls, overwhelms me. Way to make great decisions!

Emily said...

How did I miss this post? :) The pliers are great! Simon loves his tool set too and can't seem to decide if the pliers are cooler than the hammer.

And I can't help but laugh at "boy toys." hee hee

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design