Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pablo Breyer.

This weekend was rainy and cold. I thought — hey, why not try finger painting with Calvin?

Well, maybe because my kid is weird and refuses to get his hands messy, that's why. I tried to show him how to use his fingers in the paint and he freaked out and made me go get a washcloth to wipe off his hand.

So we tried paintbrushes instead. That went much better, though I have to say he really might be on the verge of OCD. Even with the brushes, the second a speck of paint got on him he got a terrified look on his face and insisted I wipe it off. I sat there the entire time he painted holding a wet washcloth so I could address any accidental splatters.

But, anything to nurture my child's inner artist. I mean, will you look at these masterpieces? Calvin is so going to give Picasso a run for his money one day.





This is the look I got when I asked him to smile with his finished artwork. We shall call this series Cheese Face.

5 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

You are a brave brave lady with the painting. I am a bit jealous your son is so clean b/c my daughters would have that paint in every crevice of every part of their body and this house.
Calvin's cheese face is awesome.

the deKorne family said...

yeah, i never have let my kids paint. you may recall a certain "sharpie on computer" incident. it would be ugly i'm certain. love the cheese face and that you spent your anniversary cultivating your child's inner artist. :) i might have gone with calvin picasso though. just a thought.

Carrie said...

i'm with you on the ocd ... so fun, isn't it! :)

The Moser Fam... said...

Pablo is adorable...and quite the artist! I usually stick to watercolor paints if we attempt painting...you really are brave! Love!

Abby said...

It's washable paint, he wore a smock, my carpet was covered in beach towels underneath him and I used our crafting tablecloth. Fool proof!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design