Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Payoff.

In the following video I am freshly showered with uncombed hair, no makeup and no bra, and I'm in my pajamas. I look terrible. Yet, I'm posting this on my blog for the world to see because it's too good not to. The things we do for our children.

May I present an excerpt from Bruce Degen's Jamberry, as "read" by my one-year-old?



We read through the entire 32-page book last night, and he could recite the lines from every. single. one. Nate recorded us reading through the whole book on my phone, but the file was too large to email so I had to clip it. I will just tell you that my jaw was hanging open almost the entire time.

Reading with your kids every single night since birth pays off. Don't let anyone tell you differently. The initial return on investment might just be a little boy who can memorize/recite a bunch of words, but the seed has definitely been planted.

I am one proud mama. And is his little voice cute or what?

8 comments:

the deKorne family said...

oh my goodness! amazing, and darling, and you are an awesome, and he is so cute, and i love his voice. amazing! :)

Sarah said...

SOOOO cute! I love it!! We have that book, too, and it's one of Elliott's favorites.

The Moser Fam... said...

so precious!!! this reminded me of Benny and made me tear up a little for how grown up he is! i love cal's little voice!! he's a smartie!!

Unknown said...

That is adorable!

Emily Beal said...

I wish all kids had parents like you and your husband.

Vuong Family said...

super cute. i'll have to get that book- sounds like a good one! way to take one for the team.

Trish said...

He reads better than I do!! Hahaha super cute as usual

Matt and Abby said...

I keep meaning to comment on this post and then I keep forgetting. This is awesome!!! You are a great mama for reading to him!!!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design