Friday, October 7, 2011

Overheard.

Calvin talks now. Constantly. I'm not sure when he went from saying a few words to providing detailed explanations of everything he experiences, but it was quick. And I really wish I'd captured more of what he said in that sweet transitional time, because it was so precious.

Luckily it's still precious...and funny. So here are a few of our favorite Calvinisms of late:

Us: "Is your name Calvin John Buster?"
Cal: "I'm not a buster! I'm Calvin John Breyer!"
I think this question truly annoys him, though Nate and I find his reaction hilarious.

"Who bought this for me? You bought this for me? Geinchu, Mama, geinchu!"
Geinchu = thank you. One of the only things he pronounces incorrectly.

Anytime he's naked: "I'm a nude dude!"
Anytime we're naked: "You're a nude dude!" (Laughs and points.)

"Stinky skunk. STINKY SKUNK!"
He loves this phrase and says it over and over with Nate while giggling violently.

"I tooted. Excuuuuse me!" (While laughing hysterically.)
Yep. He's a boy.

"I can come snuggle in Mama's bed?"
He loves to watch cartoons in my bed on Saturday mornings when Nate's working.

"I'm just going to _________."
This is always said in a very reassuring voice, like whatever it is, it's fine and there's no room for argument. He loves the word "just."

"I'll be right back, okay? I'll be right back."
This almost always follows an "I'm just going to" statement.

"I play golf witchu, Daddy? You play a football game wit me?"
Insert any activity. He loves to play "witus" right now.

"What road is this?"
A daily question during our commute, which he usually answers himself: "52!"
Or in Nate's experience: "62!" (It's 52.)

"It's a beauuuutiful day! The sun is up..."
Often said while gesturing grandly toward the sky.

"It's sooooo pretty."
Nature, pictures, people. He loves to identify beauty.

"Hello? How are you? Good. Bye."
The exact conversation he has on my old cell phone at least 10 times a day.

"I WANT MY DADDY!"
When he's mad at me.

"I WANT MY MAMA!"
When he's mad at Nate.

"I WANT MY GRANDMA!"
When he's mad at both of us.

"I DON'T WANT ANYBODY!"
When he's mad at both of us and Grandma isn't available.

"I want fruit snacks in a bowl. Fruit snacks in a bowl, please!"
Every. Single. Day. And always in a bowl. Why, we do not know.

"Sure, sure! Yes, sure!"
An enthusiastic response to all questions having to do with toys or food.

"You bring me a special treat?"
I created a monster the first time I promised him one of those.

"Sorry for hitting you."
We hear this too often. At least he apologizes.

"My daddy's working at the big building. He's a good daddy. I miss him soooooo much." Often heard on nights when Nate's working at the hospital.

"Goodnight Mattie, I love you!"
Sweetly called out on his way up the stairs to bed.

"I just want to rock and sing more songs witchu, Mama. Just rock me, please."
Anytime I put him to bed before he's ready.

"You sleep well, Mama."
In response to my "sleep well, sweetheart."

"I love you, too."
The words every parent waits patiently to hear.

I LOVE this age.

2 comments:

Brian and Trish Hutcherson said...

Don't forget "Trish.... HI" translated to "sorry" HAHA!! he's so cute.

Matt and Abby said...

Hannah does the yelling for the other parent thing too! I find it very annoying....
Calvin and Hannah seem to be at very similar stages verbally. You are right, this is such a great age and I loved reading this!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design