Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Talky Tuesday.

1. You guys. I have some issues when it comes to throwing birthday parties for my kids. BIG ISSUES. Just ask the pile of party stuff sitting in the corner of my office. Amazon loves me. So does Etsy.

The mailman, probably not so much.

2. I made some new Pinterest recipes this weekend. Three were successful. One bombed. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. And I mean that literally. I should probably stop venturing with things that require lots of butter and sweetened condensed milk. Especially since I'm on Weight Watchers.

3. Speaking of Weight Watchers, I have an announcement. I've been working out. Regularly. For over two months.

I'll give you a second to climb back on your chair.

4. Nate and I have decided to paint and redecorate our bedroom. And by Nate and I, I mean I. Nate couldn't care less about the color of our room, but I am tired of brown. I am not a brown kinda gal. (Really, it's not even brown, it's a lovely golden tan color. But, still. Not me.) Still playing around with color palettes in my head, but whatever it is will likely involve a cheerful pop of yellow.

5. I love pops of yellow. In fact, I am lusting after some pops of yellow for myself as we speak. Now, if only I could find a yellow and white striped t-shirt...

6. You know what used to be good, then wasn't, then kind of is again? Grey's Anatomy. I know this because I have been simultaneously watching old and new episodes. I got hooked on reruns while I was on maternity leave, and now I'm re-watching the entire series on my Kindle while I pump at work. There have been some serious highs and lows to that show (read: seasons 4-5), but when it's good it's really good. And even the bad episodes beat staring at a blank wall for 20 minutes every three hours.

7. Keeping a clean house with two kids is a losing battle. Every night after dinner I clean up the kitchen, hand wash what seems like an endless amount of bottles and pump parts and pacifiers, and then walk around the first floor picking stuff up. I don't even know what all this stuff is, but it's everywhere. Cars, burp cloths, diapers, wipes, cups, bowls, papers, shoes, snacks, rattles, socks, blankets, bears, sweatshirts, action figures...arghhhh. I spend so much time picking up my house that I have no time to clean it. So I finally hired someone to come do it for me. But she doesn't start until May 11, which seems like an eternity when you're living with dust bunnies comparable in size to your 50lb dog. So I guess I'll just keep picking stuff up. Or maybe I won't. Maybe I'll just leave it on the floor in an attempt to cover up (or, at the very least, distract from) the dust bunnies.

8. New music obsession: James Morrison. Yum. Good writing music.

9. New food obsession: Honey goat cheese. And Litehouse Pear Gorgonzola salad dressing. Slap both of those things on a pile of spinach, add some walnuts, craisins, and sliced pears, and you've got yourself a darned good salad. You're welcome.

10. New TV obsession: Friday Night Lights. I got a text from Heidi a few weeks ago saying she was obsessed with it (I believe the direct quote was "I really, really want it to be real."). Coincidentally, I had the first disc on hand from Netflix, so Nate and I started watching it that night. It's good. Really good. And I hate football, so when I recommend a show about football you should probably watch it.

11. New restaurant obsession: Butcher and the Boar. We went out last Friday night with the Vuongs and ate ourselves into food comas. All you need to know is this: They have lobster grilled cheese. Oh, and wood grilled oysters. And double cut berkshire pork chops with maple, blueberry and pecan relish. And smoked beef long ribs. And gingersnap banana pudding.

And that's only half of what we ordered. Like I said: food coma.

12. Thankfully, we made a full recovery and I was able to work off about 1/100th of what we ate at the gym the next day.

I do that now, you know.

4 comments:

Carrie Ann said...

Yay for Friday Night Lights! Bud and I finally finished the series last week and I am devastated that it's over. Anyway, you know it's available on Netflix Instant, right? No discs necessary!

Katie said...

I loved every line of your post. Except that you put pears in your salad. But then again, you like pear jelly bellies, too. FNL-My favorite. Two words. Tim. Riggins. :)

the deKorne family said...

I'm more of a Matt Saracen guy myself. But to each his own. Except for pear jelly bellies. That's just gross. Love the talking. There are so many links I don't even know what to do. Way to go on the working out. I'm thinking about maybe crossing over to the dark side and joining you. But probably not. Love you and your talking.

Carrie said...

friday night lights. oh yes. matt. riggins. couldn't get enough until we finished the series a few weeks back. ryan even teared up at the end.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design