Thursday, January 27, 2011

Playing catch up.

After taking an average of 200 photos of Calvin every month for the last year and a half, this month I've taken maybe 25. So that explains why it's the 27th of the month and I haven't posted a single picture of him. (Except for these, which don't count because they're reposted from last year.) While some of you may not care about seeing pictures of my kid, I know my Mom does — and I've noticed a sharp decline in the frequency of her comments this month. This serves to remind me, once again, that Calvin is the real draw, Nate and I are chopped liver, and no one really cares what kind of tights I'm wearing.

So this one's for you, Mom and Dad. And for my in-laws, who are lying on the beach in Mexico this week and next. A post dedicated entirely to photos of Calvin in January. He's pretty much wearing the same three outfits in all of them because I've only taken pictures of him that many times, but we all know my kid has more clothes than he knows what to do with.

With a mouth full of "pwetzels." Nate's mom gave me this awesome recipe for ranch pretzel sticks, and Calvin can't get enough. Last night, as I put him in bed (he was almost completely asleep) he said "pwetzels?" and then started crying when I said no.


I didn't think he could love his kitchen set more. That is, until he discovered his ability to "cut things" (wooden bread and vegetables with velcro in the middle).



I made this adorable dinner one night, consisting entirely of his favorite foods (ketchup on the side of course, no meal is complete without "dip" these days).


And was rewarded with his "meh" face, and a demand for more hot dogs.


Standing up in his chair during dinner. I'm not sure taking photos of his bad behavior is the best way to discourage him from doing it again, but whatever.


The Cozy Coupe's return on investment is immeasurable. Nary a day goes by without Calvin and all of his "guys" (I think he sleeps with eight stuffed animals now, plus a pillow?) piling in for a ride around the dining room table.


Watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He settled into that sweet look/setup all on his own.



This face captures Calvin perfectly right now.


And so does this one.


Love my big boy dearly and can't believe he'll soon be two!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I just LOVE his big, cheesy smile. It's like he's trying to show all his teeth. :)

the deKorne family said...

I can't believe he eats green peppers. I don't even eat green peppers. And I love that you make cute faces. I'm just so excited if my children are fed. You are super mom. I love seeing every one of his cute faces!!! Glad you took at least 25. :)

Muff McLaughlin said...

Actually, I was very interested in your reversible Spanx. I want some. And no, you & Nate are not chopped liver. You are the only way I get to see Calvin, so I have to be nice to you. JK. Loved the pix of him cutting up food. Thanks for posting these. He's pretty doggone wonderful.

The Moser Fam... said...

Whoa...when did he start looking so grown up? He is adorable and I love this post (does that really surprise you though?). Will you post a video of him talking? I want to hear his little voice. Love you!

Katie said...

Kudos on the awesome food face. Nice. Calvin is one cute kid. My mom doesn't comment on my blog anymore either.

btw, I liked the post about your tights.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design