Monday, April 25, 2011

Sugar.

The Easter Bunny went a tad overboard this year. He likes to shop, you know.




Calvin's favorite item of the bunch? A red shovel from the $1 Spot at Target. Oh, and the blue Color Wonder marker. Which he's been carrying around ever since.


We were so late for church (well, we got there 15 minutes early, but on Easter that's like being 30 minutes late) that we had to sit in the overflow seating in the hallway, so we didn't even attempt photos beforehand. And as soon as we got home, Calvin fell in the dirt. Luckily he was totally on board with sitting still for photos and we were able to get these gems. [Insert eye roll here]







And then we happily blew bubbles together...for about five minutes.


Sugar high + taking away bubbles + the word "naptime" = not a good combo.


After a blessedly long nap with his red shovel and blue marker, Cal was back in action and ready for a trip over to Grandma and Grandpa's house.


A brief stop mid-Easter Egg hunt to enjoy some jelly beans. I believe there were a few choruses of "Mmmm! MMMMMMMM!" Kid loves sugar.


And another quick stop to hug Madelyn.


Sad to say these eggs were not colored by my two year old, but instead by my husband and me. It seems my crafting skills do not translate to egg coloring. I do like the drawing Nate did of Matilda on the blue one, however.


So thankful for a beautiful day with my precious family and the gift of salvation through Jesus' death and resurrection. And also for Peeps. Mmmmm. I love sugar, too.

2 comments:

the deKorne family said...

really adorable! love the pics. and the basket-oh my. :) you look so cute in that one of you two-can't wait to wrap my arms around you and lie on the couch and shop at tj maxx! (that wrapping and lying i mean in a totally non romantic way.)

The Moser Fam... said...

Such a cute post! I agree with Heids...you look so cute in the one of the two of you. Wish I could wrap my arms around both of you and shop at tj maxx too! Love you! :)

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design