Monday, April 4, 2011

I made this.


Twenty dollars in fabric and eight hours of back-breaking* work later...a canvas tote bag. With an inside pocket, no less.

Granted, I could have purchased the same bag for ten dollars and no work, but I prefer the hard road. Not to mention spending time with my crafty mother- and sister-in-law.

Just don't look too closely at the handles. Or the side seam. Or the inside stitching. Or the outside stitching.

To be honest, the whole thing is a bit of a mess. But I knew that going in. Why do you think I chose such a busy pattern? Besides its obvious cuteness, that is.


*Old lady over here. Two days later and my back is still killing me from hours in the hunched-over-sewing-machine position.

8 comments:

April Gann said...

I was seriously confused by the last picture. I was like, the bag turns into an apron? How clever and weird? Now I can't stop laughing at myself. Love your craftiness and that you'll try anything. The finished bag/apron looks amazing! What a niche. :)

Abby said...

To clarify: The bag does not turn into an apron. But halfway through we thought "Hm, this looks a lot like an apron." So we took a picture wearing our bags. I can see where there'd be some confusion. Although it would be neat if the bag did turn into an apron, because you can never have enough bags or aprons, right?

Emily said...

Super cute! And how funny about the whole apron/bag thing. :)

Trish said...

Cute! What's hilarious is I was just at JoAnn's today holding the same bolt of fabric!!

Mary said...

So adorable Abby!

the deKorne family said...

you're a rockstar.

Katie said...

Very impressed. Love the material you chose.

Carrie said...

i'm very impressed!!! i opt for the $10 version!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design