Friday, July 29, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Still

My heart skips a beat. Sometimes two.

When he kisses me good morning, all fumbling hands and sleepy eyes and whiskered cheeks.

When he looks at me and shakes his head as if to say “you’re crazy, but you’re mine.”

When he takes my hand for no other reason than to be close to me.

When he forcefully pulls me near despite my angered attempts to pull away.

When he lets me go on and on about things he does not care to know, because he understands that's what I need from him.

When he kisses me good night, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist, his face nuzzled into the crook of my neck.

Ten years in, and my heart still skips a beat when he's near.

Sometimes two.

--
This post was written as part of Five Minute Friday, a weekly writing workshop one of my friends does. Looked kind of fun, so I thought I'd give it a try. (I think I need some practice.) Anyway, click here to learn more or link up with us!

5 comments:

Emily said...

You did it! Yeah! :)

And this is wonderful. I was wondering where you were going at first. Amazing what you can write in just five minutes, right?

Gaby said...

Here from Lisa-Jo. This is such a sweet post. My husband and I have been married ten years as well and the very first thought that came to my mind when I read the theme was similar to your post: ten years and you still...This is beautiful!

Matt and Abby said...

oh my how sweet is this and in only 5 minutes? you are talented!

Vuong Family said...

LOVE This.

Susan said...

Great work! this is beautifully written and a great tribute to the man you married. I loved this!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design