Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Two more months?

That's what my dad said this weekend when I told him I have two more months of pregnancy left. A more complete quote would be "Two more months? Honey, I can't imagine you being pregnant for two more months. You look....you know, ready to give birth!"

He means well, I know he does. But that didn't stop me from punching him a little.

And also, it's actually two and a half more months. Yikes. My poor, stretched-out stomach.

I had a wonderful weekend at home in IL. Not only was I showered with an impressive stack of gifts (seriously, I felt spoiled), I got to spend time with many people I love dearly but never see...including my parents and sister, two of my best friends, my college roommate whom I haven't seen for eight years, a bunch of family friends, and a few friends from high school youth group. It was so much fun to catch up with everyone...I loved every second of it. And Heidi and April stayed for the weekend, so I got some extra time with the two of them, and Heidi's five-month-old daughter Kaiya (who is so delightful). We ate, we played, we got ShamWows from my mom.

I brought my camera, of course, but found that my battery was dead and I didn't have my charger. So instead I have to rely upon Heidi and April for photos, a few of which are below.

Let me preface this by saying my face has gotten even rounder and puffier (how is this possible?), my stomach is huge, and I look exhausted in every picture I take these days. On the flip side, my skin has cleared up and...well, that's it. I am clear-skinned but the size of a small, tired house. And yes, I have two (and a half) more months to go.

I fear I will soon reach Violet Beauregarde-sized proportions. Or that this baby will be 15lbs. Which shouldn't be a problem, according to my doctor.

Apparently I have birthing hips.













4 comments:

Brian and Trish Hutcherson said...

You look great! Glad that you were able to see everyone and get spoiled, you deserve it!

The Moser Fam... said...

Cute pictures...everything looked so cute and the food looked yummy! I wish I could have been there. You have a belly alright, but you do NOT look ready to give birth yet! You look great! My dad said that same thing when he saw me! It must be a dad thing! :) So glad you had so much fun and got great stuff! LOVE YOU!

Emily Beal said...

I think you look wonderful!

Samantha said...

Sorry I couldn't be there! I very much wanted to. You look great, and I can't wait the 2 and half months to see baby Breyer!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design