Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ice Ice Baby.

I think I might have pica. But not the dirt/paper/paint eating variety.

I eat ice. A lot of it.

I like it (need it?) so much that I often find myself grabbing ice cubes out of my — and occasionally, Nate's — glass. For me, having a significant amount of ice in my glass is darned near as important as liking the beverage that comes along with it. And when there's not enough in mine...well, I steal his. Isn't sharing what marriage is all about?

Truth be told, I never thought much of my ice eating/stealing habit until Nate gave me a stern lecture on social graces. Apparently it's gross to stick your hand in a glass of water, and even grosser when it's not yours. Especially in public.

Huh.

I still do it, of course. Just not in front of him. Or in restaurants.

But I guess I've done it in front of Calvin a time or two, because last night he crawled up on my lap, stuck his hand in my water, and fished out an ice cube. He stuck the first one in his mouth, then pulled out a second one and promptly put it down the front of my shirt. I shrieked, he cracked up, and my glass of water was quickly moved out of reach.

Not sure who taught him that funny little trick, but I have my guesses...





5 comments:

the deKorne family said...

that's pretty funny. i don't think i ever thought about you having that quirk. and as long as it's not paint-i think you're good! love you-he is such a cutie!

The Moser Fam... said...

your ice ice baby is a doll....and isn't chewing ice a sign of some kind of deficiency (not mental!)...i think iron or something?? :) you probably already knew that! love!

Muff McLaughlin said...

Yes, it is a sign of a deficiency. And it is bad, bad, bad, for all the expensive orthodontia...
The truth is, it runs in Gary's family (eating it), and it's an issue with me (wanting it)--so much so that ordering & getting "a lot of ice" in a restaurant determines the size of the tip!

Muff McLaughlin said...

Oh, yes, and Calvin is adorable.
Of course.

Muff McLaughlin said...

Dad said, "Why is Calvin wearing that communist shirt?"
Just sayin'.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design