Friday, August 27, 2010

Variety pack.

1) I need mascara recommendations. I have tried just about every kind out there to no avail — from CoverGirl to Dior Show. In fact, I may have tried some of them more than once, because they all sound the same. Lash Blaster! Blast Lashter! Megablaster Lashtastic! How's a girl to choose when they are ALL lashtastic and offer me XXL Extreme Lash Volume!?

I am not opposed to paying exorbitant amounts of money for the perfect mascara,* though I'd kind of like to know for sure it's the perfect mascara before doing so. Help a sister out!

*I don't really mean that, Nate. Truly, I never pay more than um, well...you're in two fantasy football leagues! Stop asking questions!

2) I'm really annoyed with the Gap. I ordered two pairs of jeans online last week, including one pair of Long and Leans (my trusty and reliable old friend). They are awful. AWFUL. I may as well have purchased skinny jeans. They make me look neither long nor lean (not that I was looking for a miracle fix on that second one, but for real - don't name your pants something hopeful if they only provide the opposite effect). I can't imagine anyone over the age of 30 or weight of 130 would be interested in wearing these pants. Ugh. From the looks of things (i.e. skinny jeans as far as the eye can see) I may be stuck wearing skirts all winter. Which might be tolerable, provided I am able to purchase this.

3) Project Runway has been extremely stupid this season. The only redeeming moment so far? Last night when Tim Gunn called Gretchen manipulative right to her face. Oh, how I love that man.

4) On the subject of TV, I miss Ugly Betty. The TV Guide channel has been running reruns of that show, and I'm falling in love with it all over again. Why do shows I love get canceled?

5) On the subject of Ugly Betty, I am desperate to own the song played during Hilda's wedding — "Be My Only" by Tim Myers and Schuyler Fisk. I don't know who Tim Myers is, but I love Schuyler Fisk ("Paperweight" is one of my all-time favorite songs) and I'm mad that it's not available anywhere for purchase. The only way to hear it right now is on You Tube, where you have a few lovely viewing options. I think my favorite is the one accompanied by a still photo of a squirrel.

6) Fun fact: Schuyler Fisk played Kristy in The Babysitter's Club Movie.

7) This has turned into one seriously weird post. I'm going to stop now.

8) Happy Friday!

8 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

I really enjoyed your seriously weird post! I hate jeans, so good luck with that. I hate mascara so good luck with that too. The only one I have found that doesn't smear all over my face, and still isn't waterproof is neutrogena. As for the bracelets on my post, I have to tell you, the little boys are wearing them too...so you'd better get Calvin some if he ever wants a chance with Hannah.

Katie said...

I love posts like this. I need to do one. Hmmm. You may have inspired me. We'll see...

I'm using neutrogena mascara right now. It's okay. Of course, I've never really thought about what makes one better than the other. Oh, funny. The last person said that too.

Did you hear what the next craze is gonna be? Jeggings. That's right. Jeans/leggings. Can't wait to slip into a pair of those.

-Kelly said...

as a tried and true faithful Gap customer, I feel as if I should apologize on their behalf. So sorry your experience with Long and Leans were so bad. The Long and Lean jeans have forever been my favorite-of-all-time-make-the-thighs-look-halfway-smaller jeans. Seems they have changed the way they are making them. i am distraught. i bought two new pair just a couple months ago and they tell me they are 'new'. i don't want nor like 'new'. i want old wonderful reliable. I'm not giving up on them yet. However, i have been referred to White House, Black Market and Old Navy's "sweetheart" jeans. I'll let ya know...

Emily said...

Random posts like this make me smile. :) Thanks for making my Friday a little brighter.

Brian and Trish Hutcherson said...

ha! I finally broke down and went to the Buckle for jeans and broke my rule of $$ per pair. The older I get the more I'll pay for the long/lean look... who am I kidding? Nothing would make me look long! I use BeautiControl mascara... love it. $10 a tube. (Or Almay for a quick OTC) I've used them ALL and the two bests are the Lancome and BeautiControl. I could go on and one about that... but, I'll spare you!!

The Moser Fam... said...

I use some CoverGirl kind in the purple tube from WalFart. :) Quality...no doubt! I've never used anything but CoverGirl...I'm cheap like that. It works fine for me though. Sorry about your jeans experience...there is nothing that could make me look long and lean at this point!! :)

Muff McLaughlin said...

Love the skirt, reminiscent of the sixties.
Still like our "blue tube" mascara. They don't seem to have it anymore. Using Cover Girl that is supposed to make me look 30 years younger,30 lbs thinner, and raise my IQ by 30 pts. Who knew?
Did you know Schuyler Fisk is Sissy Spacek's daughter?
I believe jeggings are the evil spawn of Project Runway rejects.
Happy Day to you, too.

Mary said...

I love your blog if I haven't said that a thousand times before LOL You always have a great variety of posts! LOVE that skirt you want to buy! So darn cute! As for the mascara, I've now put my new one on 3 times and LOVE it! And I told you I'd let you know if I liked it and what it is...Maybelline NY Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof. I don't know if it comes in non-waterproof as I HAVE to get the waterproof b/c I'm a big time crier. But I love how lightweight it is, and the small brush doesn't get everywhere. I only wear it on my top lashes b/c in the past with other mascaras...even waterproof they would smear under my eyes. So let me know if you get it and like it too!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design