Thursday, August 26, 2010

One for the baby book.

We've entered a new phase. One that, to the trained ear, sounds something like this:

"Oh HECK no, I am NOT getting naked and lying on that table because I JUST KNOW that woman is going to do something terrible to me NO NO NO NO NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Calvin seems to have the whole doctor's office = pain thing figured out now, because he was less than agreeable when it came to sitting on the examination table yesterday. But we muddled through with some love from Bear and a handful of goldfish crackers.

Little dude is now 24lbs 13oz (55th percentile) and 33 inches tall (93rd percentile).* And he's off the charts developmentally. Like, literally. They give me the same chart at every well baby visit and ask me to check off the things he's doing. It only goes up to 21 months, and he's doing everything on the chart. So I'm not really sure what he's supposed to do next, but I'll be on the lookout because I'm sure it will be something totally awesome like sitting in a chair unassisted.

He really is just changing and growing in unbelievable ways — running and jumping and talking and learning new things every day. Our baby is now a full-fledged toddler, and Nate and I are just eating it up. He is a total delight.

And quite cute, if I do say so myself.


*Someday these really-boring-to-everyone-but-me posts are going to come in handy, I just know it.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Trust me, not boring to everyone ;) Calvin is soooooooooo cute girl!!! :)

Jen Knox said...

Oh Abby, he is such a cutie! Georgia too seems to have figured out that dr's office = pain. She didn't do so well at her 15 mo appt which was this past Tues. For the first time, she cried just having to lay on the exam table. She just KNEW something was up! They are so astute now. (-; I really enjoy your blog - just caught up on it again this morning! Keep writing!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design