Friday, August 5, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Whole

My life was full before I met you.

Happy. Healthy. Carefree. Devoted entirely to my God, my husband, my family, my friends, my job, myself.

I had work-life balance.

I had money.

I had time.

And now I have you.

I no longer have balance.

I no longer have money.

I no longer have time.

And even without these things, my life, my heart, is full.

More than full.

Whole.


This post was written as part of Five Minute Friday. Two weeks in and all I've learned is that I'm a very slow writer and hitting publish after a mere five minutes of writing is terrifying. Join us, won't you?

7 comments:

Vuong Family said...

i couldn't have said it better myself. thanks for putting so many mom's thoughts into words...you are a very talented five minute writer!

Emily said...

It gets easier. :) Eventually you'll be amazed at how much you actually can write in five minutes.

I'm still mulling this topic over...

Chan said...

I love your post. It's beautifully written. I think you did great in five minutes ! Well done !

Victoria said...

Tugging at my heartstrings! I'm new to FMF too, and it's so scary...but I can't stop! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Camp said...

I love your heart for seeing who and what the Father has given -- for how He knows exactly what you need. And what a precious boy you have! Thank you for this sweet, beautiful post.

pinkdaisyjane said...

Visiting over from your blog comment after you visited from Lisa-Jo. {Grin.}

Such an accurate picture of mommy-hood.

Great post.

Brian and Trish Hutcherson said...

I can barely form a sentence in five minutes, so I think you're doing pretty darn good!!!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design