Tuesday, May 22, 2012

And a few days earlier...

...we celebrated Calvin's actual birthday with Chicken McNuggets, party hats, Funfetti cake, and presents. Honestly, not sure who was more excited about the trip to McDonald's: Calvin or me.

(Okay, fine. Me.)

As you can see, I saved all my birthday decorating energy for his party. This was slapped together after work.  Go, mom.
Sneaky Bub. At least he didn't lose his mind over the cake like he did last year. Or puke it up, like he did the year before. It seems things really do get better with time. At least cake-related things.
Paul Thurlby's Alphabet, the coolest alphabet book I've seen in a while. Not pictured but also gifted: Stuck, the funniest regular book I've seen in a while.
After months of finding Calvin in a skirt or princess dress at the end of the school day, we decided it might be time for some dress up clothes of his own. While I have no problem with him wearing princess dresses, I see plenty of those in my future and therefore decided to go the more traditional route of fireman, construction worker, and train conductor.
Protective eyewear is a must when feeding Matilda.
Calvin lit up when he saw his big gift — an outdoor play house. Nate and I were promptly invited inside, and promptly found ourselves in some back pain.

Party hats for all! Audra was into it. Obviously.
Still mastering the art of the self (group) portrait. Eh, maybe next year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Looks like a great birthday. David would be jealous of the playhouse.

Emily said...

Oh this is too perfect. Calvin is such a big kid.

And his outdoor playhouse ROCKS.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design