Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hiking, Breyer style.

My friend Ali takes her babies hiking. This is mind-boggling to me, as I can't even take myself hiking. Climbing hills with a kid strapped to my back? It's enough work carrying my own weight around all day, thank you very much.

So today, instead of hauling our child up the side of a mountain in some back carrier thingy like our impressively active friends, Nate and I went to the park. We had a yummy lunch outside at Sea Salt, then pushed Calvin around in his stroller and checked out the Minnehaha Falls from afar.

And that's about as much hiking as you'll find us doing...ever. But I'm giving myself bonus points for reading and then taking my son's picture near some sort of historical plaque. We may not be outdoorsy, but we are dedicated to learning.








2 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

wow..i got a blog shout out...woo hoo! :) your hike looked fun and it counts...even without a carrier! :) you look great and cal is ADORABLE in that little sweatshirt! love you!

Susie said...

he looks smart and fashionable.... outdoorsy is overrated!

i just gave away our backpack carrier after 3 1/2 years of storing it in our garage.

i MAY someday get talked into some version of hiking, but it will not be with a baby on my back.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design