Monday, July 26, 2010

228.

When our son was born, the name Calvin was #228 on the Social Security Administration's list of top baby names. Which was perfect, since we wanted something classic but not too popular.

In 2009, it got even less popular and slid to #231.

I was feeling really good about our selection until I opened up my Pottery Barn Kids catalog last night and saw this:


Great. It's a well-known fact that 90% of all babies are named after bedding collections found in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog. Just ask Madison (#7) and Mason (#34).

See you next year, top 100.

8 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Ok...it took me 10 minutes to find the name Calvin in that picture. :) You clearly pay much closer attention to magazine ads than I do! :) :) P.S. Moving Nat to a big girl bed tomorrow...crazy, I know...but Andy needs a crib. :) We got bedding at Pottery Barn on clearance...only $69 for the quilt!

Abby said...

It's on the corner of the blanket, on the pillow, and on the bulletin board. Probably easier to see in print. And more obvious when it's your own kid's name...

Emily said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! You crack me up, Abby!

Samantha said...

So funny. I saw it immediately on the blanket.

Matt and Abby said...

Ha! I totally understand! Hannah and Olivia are right up there in the top 10. Which bugs me. But girls are too hard to name!

the deKorne family said...

so funny. you have always been a trendsetter!

Jen Knox said...

HA! That was our exact criteria for naming Georgia - not too popular, not in the top 100, but classic (a "real" name with history if you will). I am deathly afraid of her moniker turning up on a PB quilt now!! (-:

Muff McLaughlin said...

By the way, I also noticed the name Hunter on the pillow, and while I know that's a popular name of the last decade, Jordan's middle name of Hunter is an original, family name--clear back to his great, great grandfather. They all come back around, like music and shoes.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design