Monday, July 5, 2010

Four days.

Two days is the amount of time Nate and I have decided we can spend together without driving each other crazy.

We're not used to being together all that much. For the past nine years, Nate has worked jobs that require evenings and weekends. And I've worked a nine-to-fiver. A typical week for us includes maybe two nights together at home and possibly a weekend day. Some weeks we barely see each other. Those weeks are rough, but we're used to them — we've each settled into our own routines at home without the other.

Which is why we tend to drive each other a little batty when we're both home over a long weekend. And this weekend we were both off for FOUR DAYS.

Yikes.

But Friday was one of those magical days that rarely happens — a day when we're both off, but our daycare provider is not. Hooray! Off to daycare went Calvin, and off together went we. We slept in, went out for breakfast and lunch (and wine), and did some shopping. We spent a few fun hours with Calvin in the evening, then ended the day with the worst movie ever made: Couples Retreat. We felt severely ripped off by Redbox. I'd like my dollar back, please.

And then Saturday morning I got to go see Eclipse with a friend (judge away, I don't care, it was awesome). Later that afternoon the three of us went to our little neighborhood pool. Where we actually saw a neighbor! How cute.

On Sunday we celebrated the 4th of July by taking Calvin to the zoo. Which was really just a trip to the farm, with lots of adorable pictures and a quick stop by the bears and fish. And then Nate and I watched Valentines Day and ate Culvers. Yay for french fries, romantic comedies, and America!

Today Nate played golf, then we went over to see our friends the Vuongs and meet their sweet baby girl, Kiley. She is precious. I thought maybe my uterus would start quivering at the sight of a newborn (an adorable GIRL newborn, I might add), but I left feeling surprisingly okay with just the one boy child I have. He's kind of a lot of work. Plus he woke up at 4am this morning, so I think I'm just too tired to quiver.

Turns out it was a full, fun weekend at home with the two I love most. Minimal crazy-making by the husband and quite a bit of cuteness from the small one.

Hmpf. Four whole days. Who knew?

Fun at the farm:


And the picture I can't stop laughing over:


I love both of my crazy-makers to bits.

4 comments:

the deKorne family said...

i hear ya on the never together thing. :) i remember when ava was born being nervous we would still be married by the time she was a month old. that picture is SO funny. glad you had a good weekend!

The Moser Fam... said...

Cute pictures and that last one is a keeper! Love Cal's face! :) So glad you had a fun weekend full of your boys and some friends. Love you! :)

Mary said...

Love the picture...so great when we capture the funny unexpected faces huh? LOL Glad you had a great weekend minus some of the crazy ;) And yeah, Couples Retreat did suck and DH is adamant it was a great movie, but probably b/c he's a huge Vince Vaughn fan. Seriously, our favorite actors CAN make horrible movies sometimes, doesn't mean we don't like them all the same. LOL Happy 4th!

Emily said...

Hey... Couples retreat didn't suck! Sure...It was predictable and cheesy at times but don't you expect that in a Vince Vaughn movie? lol Oh, and I saw Eclipse over the weekend too. :)
Love the photos! Calvin is a cutie!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design