Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mix and match.

Can any of you tell me what's wrong with this picture?


a) Tyler is wearing a sweater in July.
b) He's got a little something on his upper lip.
c) There's a Nuby lid on a Gerber sippy cup.
d) All of the above, really, but especially the stupid sippy cup thing.

How hard is it to match up a sippy cup to its appropriate lid?

Nate says hard. Apparently, Tyler Florence agrees.

Normally, a milk ad would not be blogworthy. But I have been giving Nate the hardest time about matching up the sippy cups with their correct lid. Every time he gives Calvin a drink it's in a strange combination of cup/lid — between colors, sizes, and brands.

To me, which cup goes with which lid is a total no-brainer. Of course I do the sippy cup purchasing. But still - it's not difficult to match them up! In fact, the other day Nate gave his brother Mike a sippy cup/lid test (hoping to prove his point that sippy cups are really really hard) and he passed with flying colors. He even matched the colors correctly within the same brand.

But then there's this. An ad I ran across in Martha Stewart Living magazine featuring the exact two brands of sippy cup we have at home, mixed up.

I don't question Martha on anything, not even her editorial decisions regarding advertising, so I will trust that this — though inherently wrong — is the presentation I should be using when offering beverages to my child. Especially if I expect him to grow up to have exquisite taste and an appreciation for Good Things.

Sigh. Score one for Nate. He's such a visionary.

6 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

I love that you actually noticed that that was a Nuby lid on a Gerber cup. I don't think I have ever look that closely at an ad. Oh..and we are banning the use of Nuby's at our house...they all leak. We are just sticking with stright sippy cups from now on!! :)

Emily said...

haha! Too funny! I try to make sure all my sippy cups have the same size lid simply so it doesn't matter which combo I pull out of the sippy bowl. (Yes... We have a big bowl full of Simon's sippy cups/lids. It keeps them contained.)

Muff McLaughlin said...

Ok,you got me. When we were there, I (successfully) mixed the lids with the cups, even though I knew better, and didn't see the problem...and as you know, I'm a pretty big Martha fan myself. I encourage you to make a serious effort to purchase Tupperware sippy cups, which were so good when you were little, they brought them back!! Worth every penny. I would also encourage you to live dangerously and mix up those cups and lids--it's exciting!! Well, for me it was. Mom

Samantha said...

I LOVE THIS POST! My total favorite. I match the lids and cups together in the cabinet so that when Jeremy grabs one, its already ready.

Katie said...

Hilarious. Score one for Abby and her keen perception. And I agree with Ali. Nubies suck.

Katie said...

Hilarious. Score one for Abby and her keen perception. And I agree with Ali. Nubies suck.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design