Thursday, July 8, 2010

Shame.

This morning I received an email from DSW with the subject line "Meet your new go-to shoes." I opened it expecting to see some drool-inducing pair of leopard print flats, only to find this:


How on earth did they know that there's nothing more appealing to me these days than a flat, neutral comfort sandal available in wide width?*

Oh, how the mighty fall.

Less than two years ago my go-to shoes would have been a pair of four inch heels. Heck, at 35 weeks pregnant I was still teetering around the office in three inch platform sandals. But now my go-to shoes look like this:


I never thought I would stoop so low as to purchase a pair of Crocs for myself. Even if they are hot pink ballet flats. But my goodness, they're comfortable. And practical, given all the time I spend chasing my kid around the house/yard/park.

Don't worry, though. I haven't worn them anywhere but my backyard and the grocery store.

Yet.

*Not those, though. Those are seriously heinous. Completely unlike my pink rubber shoes which are super cu...oh, forget it. They're heinous, too. I have officially chosen comfort over style. Mom jeans, here I come.

7 comments:

Nikki said...

I have a pair of the black ballet flats from Crocs, and just bought a pair of peep toe flats, also Crocs. I have no shame. I wear them everywhere - to church, out to dinner, I think I even wore them on a work trip once. They are seriously the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. Also spit-up-proof. :)

Emily said...

I can't wear heels anymore either. I used to 4 inch platform heels on a regular basis... I'm a flats kind of girl now. And those are the first pair of crocs that have EVER tempted me to buy any. They're actually cute. :)

But don't do the "mom jean" thing. There will ALWAYS be better alternatives!

The Moser Fam... said...

I love those Crocs and I don't care if people think they're ugly!! Sorry Abs...you know it's bad when I think your fashion choices are cool!! :)

Katie said...

hahahahahaha. you crack me up. everyone in my house has a pair of crocs but me. but i must admit, the ballet slipper ones are very cute.

Samantha said...

I love that you shared this. Because my most recent google search was dress shoes with support. The results were depressing. . .and I can no longer wear heels due to my old people foot injury! UGH, getting older.

Mary said...

You seriously make my day with your blog! You are so friggin hilarious!! LOL

Muff McLaughlin said...

I have been a Crocs fan for a long time, though your dad hates them. But then I bought him a pair (which he said he would never wear) and he wears them around here. The best thing? Throw them in the washer! They work wonders for heel pain, too. I love your pink shoes!!!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design