Sunday, July 18, 2010

F.

F is for family reunion, which we planned to attend this weekend. A day up north on the lake with Nate's extended family, who we rarely get to see.

F is for four hours, the length of drive we had ahead of us Saturday morning. Which is why we planned to leave as close to 7am as possible.

F is for frustration, which is what I felt when Nate called me on Saturday morning to inform me that the dog boarding place does not open at 7am, but 9am — putting us two hours behind schedule.

F is for the many four letter words I could have uttered (but didn't) when we discovered, an hour later, that our car had been broken into overnight, our window shattered, and our GPS stolen.

F is the letter grade I give myself for assuming I knew what time the boarding place opened, and for leaving the GPS on the dashboard when I should have put it away (since when am I new to city living??).

F is for FAIL, which is what Progressive gets for saying they'd have someone call us to set up our repair by end of day Monday. For a claim filed early on Saturday. Gee, thanks.

F is for fixed, which is what our window is after a very nice man from Safelite came to replace it on Saturday afternoon. Don't worry, Progressive. We took care of it. Still anxiously awaiting your call, however!

F is for fun, which we still managed to have this weekend despite a busted window, a missed trip, severe weather, and a child who refused to sleep for about four hours in the middle of the night last night.

F is for my very fabulous husband, who makes life's adventures bearable...and even a little funny.

Something tells me Nate did not find the shattered window as photo-worthy as I did.


Say what? What do you mean we're not going??


Man, I was really looking forward to that long car ride. Guess I'll just simulate as best I can from inside the house.


Luckily, we still had access to our Civic. Our very roomy two-door Civic. The perfect choice for an active family!


It was no day at the lake, but we still manged to get in a $12, 45 minute trip to the pool before Calvin had a total meltdown and the storms rolled in.





Mom, do you realize you're only wearing spf 30? Have you already forgotten about Mexico?


Enjoying a post-nap snack from his favorite perch.


Calvin was not the only one delighted by the prospect of bedtime Saturday night. He went to bed at 7:20. We went to bed at 7:20:05.


Sunday we went on a picnic, which Calvin found a little strange. He looked at me like "Where is my high chair? Where is that bib you always force me to wear?" He didn't let a little confusion deter him from eating his weight in food, however.




And then we forced him to ride the wheel of terror.


The only way to unwind after a wild ride like that? Footed pjs and crocs.


An ice cold beer from the cooler (all packed up for our non-trip... please note, we do not condone alcohol consumption by one year olds).


And one last swim.

5 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

So sorry about this awful string of events!! It looks like you had a fun weekend anyway! Oh and I LOVE the picture of Cal in his blue striped jammies with his hair sticking up...so adorable! Has Progressive called yet? That is TERRIBLE..by the way! :) Love you.

Mary said...

Wow, I'm really sorry about your car being broken in to. That really stinks! I love your alternate weekend story and pics though. Cracking up at my desk as we speak ;)

Brian and Trish Hutcherson said...

F is for that freaking sucks! But, looks like you made the best of the weekend!!

the deKorne family said...

f is for funny. you are. especially the 7:20:05 part. so true. glad you made lemonade. :) love you!

Muff McLaughlin said...

I am delighted with Calvin's colorful array of crocs. Your dad does not share my enthusiasm, though I caught him wearing his again yesterday (granted, he was powerwashing the patio). Anyway, Danielle (our friendly podiatrist) stands by them for support and comfort! Do we care what Gary thinks? NO. Do we wonder what Calvin will say when he's grown? Well, maybe.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design