Monday, October 25, 2010

Let this be a warning.

Three things hairdressers should refrain from saying to a mother during her child's first haircut:

1) "You really can't keep the curls. I can do it, but it would look weird. Like this. Do you want it to look like this?" In response to my request to just trim up the back, leaving some of his baby curls.

2) "No, they won't." In response to Nate's reassuring "Honey, they will probably grow back!"

3) "Are you going to be okay, Mom?" Sarcastic and patronizing, in response to my curt "Fine. Cut it."*

I could have punched her, but instead I let her chop off Calvin's baby curls because I don't want him to look "weird." And of course he still looks adorable and his shaggy mane is much more manageable.

But I still could've punched her, and she would have deserved it.

You don't criticize the curls. For some of us, they're all we've got.

Before:




During:




After:




*For the record, it takes a LOT for me to be rude to someone in a service position. I pride myself on having good manners. This chick pushed me over the edge.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I totally understand wanting to keep the curls... Simon were adorable and it DOESN'T look like they're growing back after his buzz cut in September. :(

Calvin looks great, by the way!

Matt and Abby said...

He looks so adorable and grown up! And he obviously wanted to keep his curls too.

The Moser Fam... said...

He is cute with or without curls. Oh and that outfit he has on is ADORABLE!

Samantha said...

I must be the only mom that didn't mind getting rid of the curls. . .Jeremy wanted to hold on to Miles' as long as possible. I did a sneak attack haircut with Miles while Jer was at work. He looks great though Abs. Calvin is a doll!

the deKorne family said...

oh snippets. they are so hard core. but oh my heart is he ADORABLE. that haircut is super handsome and i'm in love with him and his little plaid self. i am thankful kaiya is a girl so her pig pen fro can stay for a little while longer.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design