Friday, October 1, 2010

Cute things my kid is doing.

1) Pointing out all of his body parts: Hair, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, fingers, toes, etc.
2) Pointing out all of those same body parts on us.
3) Sitting down on the floor, legs crossed, as soon as I ask if he wants a snack.
4) Shooing Mattie away with his hands anytime he gets a snack. He is no longer interested in sharing his food with her.
5) Putting on eyeshadow. Not really, but he takes my shadow brush and smushes it on his eyelid.
6) Wearing shoes at all times, even with footed pjs. And often requesting a change of shoes from one pair to another.
7) Making animal noises (monkey, cow, sheep, cat, dog, duck, tiger).
8) Signing the words more, all done, water, dog, cat, milk, sleepy, and diaper.
9) Pushing over the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs, sticking his little toe in the hole and hoisting himself over it, then scurrying up the stairs.
10) Saying "amen" after prayers — without being prompted.
11) Sighing "yeah..." after I sing Jesus Loves Me to him at night.
12) Doing the hand motions for the Itsy Bitsy Spider with me.
13) Giving us hugs by squeezing us tight and then tapping his fingers twice on our backs.
14) Climbing up on the couch to "read" a book nearly as big as he is...all by himself.
15) Putting all of the remotes in his Cozy Coupe car.
16) Identifying what's mine and what's Nate's by pointing to it and saying "mama!" and "dada!" (He's got an impeccable track record. Makeup is mama's. Sweatshirts thrown over the banister are dada's.)
17) Walking around with my hair dryer making blowing noises.
18) Saying "bye bye!" and waving every time he leaves the room.
19) Having long, rambly conversations with us in his native toddler jibberish.
20) Offering open-mouthed kisses...pretty much to anyone he meets.

The following is a video from our trip to the zoo last weekend. Calvin is obsessed with this book called Tiger's Adventures. And by obsessed I mean...OBSESSED. Carries it around the house going "TIGER! TIGER! TIGER!" He loves reading it so much that I ended up hiding it behind the couch because it was driving me nuts. And I have no idea where he learned this, but the first time I read it to him he turned to me and whispered "roar!" with his hands up in the air.

Which we were delighted to capture in the video below.

7 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

I love him and I wish he and Nat could play together because they do all the same things and it would be really cute. :) (Natalie whispers things when they are scary...maybe it makes them less scary when you say it quietly??! :)) LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Cutest thing ever? I think so.

Anonymous said...

Sorry this and the last "anonymous" post were from Uncle Mike. Not sure why I can't sign in, but just wanted to let you know so you don't think there's some weirdo out there!

mcmuff said...

Is it just me, or did I sense a bit of sarcasm on #16?

Matt and Abby said...

How sweet! Isn't it such a joy to watch them grow!!

the deKorne family said...

looOOoove this. so cute. my favorite is sitting down when you offer a snack. precious!

Mary said...

Wonderful post! You have such a smart little one :)

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design