Friday, March 11, 2011

Two years in the life of me.

I got a new iPhone for my birthday today. Hooray! A big thanks to my husband, who tied it up with a cute piece of ribbon and had my sleepy-eyed angel present it to me while I sat on the (closed) toilet doing my makeup before work.

The bathroom: where birthday dreams come true!

I am completely delighted by this gift because I love love love my iPhone but my trusty little 3G was getting kind of tired and run down. And I am especially delighted with it given last night's birthday dream, during which Nate presented me with an enormous clothes steamer that looked a lot like Calvin's infant swing.

Hm. Too much Sudafed before bed, mayhaps?

Anyway, while hard at "work" this morning, I downloaded all of my cell phone photos to iPhoto so I could transfer them to my new phone. I've never done this before, which is crazy stupid since I could have easily lost my phone along with two years worth of photos. Here's hoping I become more responsible in my 33rd year of life.

By now I'm sure you're wondering why I'm bothering to relay the mundane details of this morning's new phone activation. So I will tell you: because the neatest thing happened. When iPhoto transferred all the images, it ran through them one by one. An unexpected photo montage of the past two years of my life, beginning with my 30th birthday.

A photo of my baby's 34-week ultrasound — the one that had me in tears because he was so chunky.


Our last family photo before Calvin's birth: Nate's legs, my belly, and Matilda at my feet.


My Mattie girl, curled up on my hugely pregnant tummy while I was on bedrest those last two weeks.


The first photo I took of my sweet angel, right before we left the hospital.


One of our first mornings at home.


One of Calvin's earliest (legitimate) smiles.


A baby who is very serious about cereal.


The monster hat, to this day one of my very favorite pictures.


Our adorable little dino, who I later realized was actually dressed up as a dragon.


The photo Nate texted me the first weekend I spent apart from my son.


A jaw-droppingly beautiful sunrise snapped on my way in to work one morning.


Our house, all decorated for Christmas.


The two left shoes in two different sizes Nate put on Calvin one day. I laughed and laughed...and then I took a picture.


My first New Year's Eve as a mom...in bed by 10pm.


Sweet Mattie, suffocating under our duvet. She's the best under-the-covers snuggler.


Calvin, playing peek-a-boo.


Date night...at Walgreens.



An early spring walk with my babies.


My first Twins game at Target Field with Nate.


A summer night in our backyard.


A late-night dinner on the patio with Nate.


A few hundred of these...they really shouldn't make the on/off function the same as taking a picture of your own screen.


Calvin making an "ooh!" face over the pop-up version of The Very Hungry Caterpillar.


A fun new game/mess I stumbled upon one evening.


My big boy dressed up in his dad's slipper socks.


Calvin looking both ways before crossing...and still holding on to those precious baby curls.


A McDonald's date with my sweetie.


My precious boys, rocking on my grandparents' porch swing.


And, finally, my adorable bub doing exactly what he does best — making his Mama laugh.



All these happy memories, housed in one little phone. What a gift.

6 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

That is so sweet. I always forget about my phone pictures. I never saw Calvin that small, I don't think I had found your blog then (if you had one). So cute and sweet. Also, you have awesome boobs.

Emily said...

It's crazy to see how much he's grown! Such a cutie and thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I loved seeing all of those pictures of Calvin. Makes me want to go look through all of David's.
Enjoy your iPhone! I have the iTouch, but someday, I might have to upgrade to the iPhone.

The Moser Fam... said...

Ok...I just have to laugh at Abby's boob comment....Abby...you don't have to tell her that...she knows she has PERFECT boobs! :) Seriously...I love this post and I love you and happy birthday and glad you have a cool new phone and one last thing...I'd like to hear more about the flowerpot when you get a chance....ah ha ha...WOOHOO! (Sorry, in advance, for this comment...completely inappropriate in more ways than one!)

the deKorne family said...

on the computer for the first time in like a month. which we all know is really more like a year in no computer time. loved the t/r post and looking thru memory lane here. and as long ago as that seems, i've known you five times as long. which is REALLY long.

you really are so lucky to have perfect boobs.

Joanna said...

Love, love, love. (Your post, not your boobs. They are okay, too, but that's not what I'm talking about here.)

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design