Saturday, November 13, 2010

A relaxing weekend.

In my mind, I woke up this morning at a reasonable hour to a clean house and child who's eyes weren't crusted shut. I didn't find three inches of snow in my yard and I didn't have to cancel brunch with my brother due to Calvin's increasingly red eye. I didn't have to bundle up my son and drag him out into the cold and snow (which I didn't have to spend 15 minutes scraping off my car) or drive 45 minutes across town in treacherous conditions to urgent care. I didn't have to hold my son down so the doctor could examine him and diagnose him with pink eye, and I didn't have to drive another 45 minutes back across town in treacherous conditions to get his prescription filled at the Target near our house. I didn't spend 20 minutes wandering around Target trying to console/entertain/constrain a hungry, cranky little boy who was getting dangerously close to naptime, nor did I find out upon my return to the pharmacy that they didn't actually have the medication I was waiting for. I didn't have to wait even longer while they called other pharmacies in the area to see if they had it, only to determine the closest place was a Walgreens in the opposite direction of my house. I didn't have to drive my overly-tired-darned-near-starving kid to yet another place in treacherous conditions to drop off the prescription, and I didn't have to sit in the parking lot and feed him a random assortment of groceries purchased at Target for lunch while we waited for it to be done. I didn't hear from the Walgreens pharmacist that the Target pharmacist had miscalculated the dose and they'd probably had enough back at Target after all. And I certainly didn't come home to even more snow needing to be shoveled or the task of putting eye drops in an ridiculously exhausted and very crabby boy.

In my mind.

7 comments:

Vuong Family said...

sounds like you have a good mind. one that protects you from all the negative stuff. i think they call that denial. at least it isn't anger. hoping your mind has a nice relaxing sunday in store.

Samantha said...

Tough day Abs! I'll say a prayer that the rest goes more smoothly! :(

Mary said...

Oh I'm so sorry about the pink eye and the rough day for you both! Poor little guy, I hope he's feeling better!

the deKorne family said...

:( sorry honey. hope you got to relax back at work today. :)

Anonymous said...

And after all that, I still got a pleasant, happy, cheerful phone call from you, without one word of complaint about all of that, and after work, no less.
Hope your week goes better. You and Calvin made my day on the phone!

Muff McLaughlin said...

I clicked the wrong button. I hope I am not anonymous. Love, Mom

The Moser Fam... said...

sorry about your crappo day, abs! glad it's behind you...hope cal is all better now! love!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design