Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful for Thursday: Part Deux.

By reader request, another Thankful for Thursday post. I don't know why this has been requested of me, but it seems like an easy enough way to get something new on the blog. Sorry for the dud of a week, gang. I'm kinda tired, and no blog post is better than boring blog post.

Without further ado, today's list of things for which I am thankful:

1. 102.9 LITE FM. I keep this station as a pre-set in my car even though it's full of stuff I hate like Phil Collins because come mid-November it becomes all Christmas music, all the time. And today while flipping through my stations I landed on Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. HOORAY! (Somewhere Nate is crying, because it's highly unlikely we'll be listening to anything else between now and December 31.)

2. Pumpkin spice creamer. I can't afford a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks everyday (though I'd like to think I can), so I was anxious to get this beloved creamer for work and home. It took multiple visits to multiple stores and a few fist shakes to the sky (WHY IS SUPER TARGET ALWAYS OUT OF EVERYTHING I WANT?), but I finally found it last week, and I'm enjoying a steaming cup of happiness as I type. Nate recently said "Why don't you and fall just get a room?" and to that I would like to publicly reply "If only!" because I love fall and would gladly get a room with it if for no other reason than the ability to sleep in.

3. The shirt I'm wearing. It looks like a blazer but it's a sweater. Similar to leggings, this jacket allows me to be dressed down while looking slightly dressed up. If I keep this up, I might be able to patent an entirely new genre of work apparel. It will be called "Business Lazy" and I will make millions. Which I will use to buy more leggings and sweaters that look like jackets, of course.

4. Boden. I remain hopelessly devoted to this brand, because they give me no other choice. I got a clever little letter from Mr. Johnnie Boden this week, thanking me for helping to make Mini Boden a success "across the pond." It came with a $25 voucher for Mini Boden, no minimum purchase required. Which is like a free item of clothing for Calvin! (Almost.)

5. The power of social media. There was a Twitter/Facebook firestorm yesterday over Amazon selling a disgusting, disgusting book that is extremely harmful to children — and they ended up taking it off their site. Seems all you need to change the world these days is a web-enabled mobile device and a hashtag. Technology is good. And, thankfully, people still are, too.

6. Glee. This week's episode tackled bullying in all forms, and led to a shocking and sweet turn of events. It's been kind of weird this season, so I was glad to be sucked back in.

7. Tuesday nights. My mother-in-law spends every Tuesday night at our house with the munchkin so Nate and I can have some free time. I love and appreciate this so much; if not for Mary I would never get to have dinner with my friends, get my hair done, or have a date with my husband. Tuesdays and Mary are the best.

8. Google. Every time I hear a song I like in a commercial, I Google some random vague description of whatever I can remember from it and wa-la! Google figures it out. This week it was the song from the McDonald's McRib commercial, which for some reason I thought was a Target commercial about sandwiches. Google still figured it out. Matt White, Love. Cute song.

9. Infant's Motrin (Target brand). LIFESAVER. It's been a rough week in our house and Calvin's mouth.

10. A plans-free weekend ahead of me. Nate's working and it's supposed to snow(!!), so I'm going to decorate for Thanksgiving, bake, and spend some quality time with my little man. Can't wait.

Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

Jaime Olson said...

1. You NEVER have a dud blogpost.
2. I love your list.
3. I love that you'd get a room with Fall and that your husband suggested it.
4. Your M-I-L is now my hero and I wonder what she does with her Thurs. evenings? A 7 hour drive is doable, right?
5. If you start Business Lazy and I start my polar fleece lingerie line at the same time, we could double the proceeds and do half the work. This is win-win!
6. I am grateful for social networks too because that's how I reconnected with you and I love you as my amazing friend all over again. Thanks for making me smile!

Katie said...

Sometimes I think we were separated at birth. Thanks to social media, I found my long lost sister from way up north. a)I google songs from commercials too! b)pumpkin spice latte c) christmas music has been on shuffle this week at my house

Emily said...

I would TOTALLY buy Business Lazy clothes... :) And can I get a room with fall too?

The Moser Fam... said...

I love these random posts (and you!). :) Oh and I agree about Business Lazy. I love things that look dressy but are really sweatshirt material (like my coat). I will buy your clothes...just start the business. (P.S. I am also quite amused at Jaime's idea for polar fleece lingerie. Awesome.) :)

Samantha said...

You are so best. I love your lists. And I felt the same way about that awful book!

April Gann said...

I think Thursday is quickly becoming my favorite day. And I might even be converting to fall. Seriously. You're brilliant. Like google except with mega-personality. I can't WAIT for next Thursday!!! Love you!

Matt and Abby said...

I would like a picture of the sweater you are wearing b/c I would like one too. Also, just so you know, don't get the DD pumpkin spice ground coffee at Target. Big chemically tasting disappointment. I am just saving you the trouble. I might have to try the creamer you are speaking of..

Mary said...

Love the theme! And I love your 2009 rant about Super Target. I have the SAME issues with them. But if I don't find it...I just try again the next week. LOL They are about the only store I can find the coconut creamer at though...so praise them for that! haha

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design