Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful for Thursday.

In no particular order, these are the random things I'm thankful for today:

1) The pumpkin spice latte keeping me awake this morning. Calvin got up at bloody 4am and spent the next two hours rolling all over our bed. Nate and I were like zombies heading off to work.
2) Leggings. I don't know why I shunned this trend at first — it's like wearing pjs to work.
3) A work environment where leggings are considered appropriate office attire. At least I think they are. No one's said anything to me yet...
4) The tv show Castle. I love it. I don't know why, but it's kind of addictive. Actually, I do know why: Nathan Fillion is quite charming.
5) My sweet husband, who is flying solo again this weekend so I can get away for my annual shopping trip with my mom, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and friends.
6) My college roommate, who is flying from Michigan to Minnesota to go see Joshua Radin in concert with me two weeks from now.
7) Calvin's latest and greatest phrase: "Whasat? Whasat? Mama, Mama, Mama! Whasat?"
8) Peanut butter-filled pretzels from Trader Joe's.
9) Trailers for the upcoming Harry Potter movie, which I'm pretty darned excited about.
10) A lunch date with my girlfriends from work this afternoon.
11) The conclusion of political ads on tv.
12) Bobby pins. I am way overdue for a haircut and I would probably shave my head out of frustration if it wasn't for the bobby pins containing (most of) my frizz.

Things I am not thankful for today:

1) Teething.

6 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

Ok, we have so much in common...
1. love of pumkpin spice latte
2. leaving the hubs for some much needed girl time/shopping this weekend
3. The show Castle. Love it (and Nathan is pretty ruggedly handsome too)
4. PB filled pretzels rock

However, I still haven't jumped onto the legging bandwagon. I'm scared b/c then I would have to buy new shirts too.

Have fun shopping with the girls!

the deKorne family said...

12:1 is a pretty good ratio! so excited for you and april, and for leggings also. love you and glad you have a fun weekend ahead! :)

The Moser Fam... said...

I took the plunge and bought jeggings today (following in Heidi's footsteps). :) Also, just had a Toffee Mocha from SB...yum! I like your happy list...and I totally agree about teething. It seems like it will never end. I swear Nattie has been drooling for her entire life. Love!

Katie said...

Yea!!!!!! Leggings, Joshua, and Harry! And political ads! And coffee!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!

Vuong Family said...

peanut butter filled pretzels? seriously? i am making the trip to TJ's pronto. seriously? i am also now thankful. for TJ's. and for your enlightening me. thank you.

April Gann said...

I like the one about your college roommate coming to visit the best! Oh, and can you save her some peanut butter pretzels? Love you!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design