Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful.

This Thanksgiving, I was thankful for:

My sweet parents, who drove 800 miles to be with us. And by "us" I mean Calvin. Nate and I have gracefully accepted our demotion to chopped liver.





(This is terrible of Cal but so cute of my parents that I had to include it.)


My lovely and always generous in-laws, who hosted Thanksgiving for 20 people and three dogs (Sorry, Denny...I only got a picture of Mary!).


Another holiday with Grandma Adele, who made her famous lefsa.



(Not as thankful for the lefsa itself, though. I try it every year, and every year I make a similar "you people are crazy" face. Calvin seemed to enjoy it, though.)


A sleeping Matilda, something never before seen at a family gathering.


Time spent with people we love (some of whom didn't make it on the camera, unfortunately).





My amazing pie-making skills, without which we would have been starving and dessert-less.


(Yeah, not even close.)


My incredible husband, who really is just the cutest guy ever.


And, finally, my precious Calvin, for whom I am thankful every single day.




In case you were wondering, yes - that last one is a picture of Calvin's first kiss. The first of MANY first kisses he had with Madelyn that night. Luckily, Miss Madelyn is more than capable of sticking up for herself.

5 comments:

Jaime Olson said...

Love it. I think your blog is as funny as mine, and I cry my eyes out laughing when I write/read mine so that's saying something! And your labels are funnier even.

Samantha said...

Love your blog, and it always reminds me how terrible I am at taking pictures and updating ours. What a great Thanksgiving!

The Moser Fam... said...

so glad you could celebrate with your parents! cute pictures! i'm thankful for you...love you!

Mary said...

The last two pictures made me laugh. Looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving :)

the deKorne family said...

oh my gosh-i can't believe you don't like lefsa. that's an anderson delicacy. how can you not like a tortilla with butter and sugar in it?! :) your parents are the cutest things ever...well, besides your son. thankful for you. :)

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design